8800GTX in iDeneb 10.5.4 NO CI or QE...

Landelusen

4 posts in this topic

I have such a frustrating hardware issue:

I recently installed iDeneb 10.5.4 and everything works fine, except for Logic 8, which is the reason I installed iDeneb in the first place. The problem in installing Logic is that it requires QE and CI which is not supported presently. I have installed NVinject 0.2.1 and the insanelymac Nvidia installer 3.0 Beta but I still can't get it to function properly. My ASUS 8800GTX 768MB graphics card is found and has the right amount of VRAM and I managed, through "OSX86 Tools", to enable QuartzGL but that is as far as I go on my own it seems...

I have searched the forum for the solution to my problem but have come out empty handed. If there is a post explaining this problem, which I have missed, please redirect me and forgive me for wasting your time :)

Any thoughts?

I figured it out myself. I installed NVkush and now I get QE and CI but it only reconizes 256MB of VRAM, but who cares!? :blink:

That's what happened to me with m 7950 GTX (although I didn't use NVkush). I suggest going for that extra kick by hacking the ROM of your gfx card and reflashing it. It's quite easy and there are plenty of guides on how to do it :D Defnitely worth it for me!

i installed ideneb 10.5.5 and my card was recognised (8800 gts with 512mb), but QE and CI didnt support it. so i downgraded my card to 8800 GT with EFI Studio http://www.mediafire.com/?xl19omzld9j and after a reboot QE & CI are availeble :rolleyes:

in your case i would try to do the same. you will have at least 256 MB more ;).

i dont know if it would work this way with 10.5.4. btw i dont use nvinject nor nvkush, just efi studio. it works fine for me.