Vista Ultimate

sciffy

4 posts in this topic

Hi everybody!

I've a little problem with Win Vista Ultimate. After formatting the hard drive i was trying to install Vista and when installation was in "Install update" i saw a pop-up window with text "blah-blah-blah error code 0x80008017". First of all i think that my disk is corrupt. I download a new image of Vista ( now my PC have a XP), burn it with InfraRecorder, start install - bang - the same thing. I've got from my friend a legal copy of Vista Home, try to install - guess what - error code 0x80008017.

In fact I have no problem to install any OS (XP, Mac OS X, Ubuntu) except Vista.

So, i'm really want to hear any solitions in this case.

Thanx.

That's some kind of hash error. This means that the installation program expects some files to be there that aren't. It could also mean that the files are just unreadable for some reason.

That fact that you have tried different media without success seems to indicate that there might also be something wrong with your DVD-Rom unit. Check the cable connections or try a different drive.

You should also try wiping your target partition clean before attempting to reinstall Vista.

Good luck,

- hecker

That's some kind of hash error. This means that the installation program expects some files to be there that aren't. It could also mean that the files are just unreadable for some reason.

That fact that you have tried different media without success seems to indicate that there might also be something wrong with your DVD-Rom unit. Check the cable connections or try a different drive.

You should also try wiping your target partition clean before attempting to reinstall Vista.

Good luck,

- hecker

+1

That sounds like your problem...