graphics in 10.5.4 (nvinject doesnt work?)

urgonah8me

2 posts in this topic

Hey, ok so I used to have a solid iaktos 10.5.2 R3 nforce edition installation on my pc until last night (PC specs in sig). Now I am trying to get leopard idebn 10.5.4 running on my pc which I can get to do perfect except for my graphics...

I remember along time ago getting my graphics card (8600) to work in leopard was a nightmare... and in the end by fluke I got it working. This time I used OSX tools and downloaded a kext (nvinject) to get my graphics working... this kinda worked.... I mean I get the correct resolution... but I get loads of artifacts everywhere... and also quartz extreme isnt enabled...so no transparancy etc

I heard that in anything past 10.5.4 nvinject kexts wont work? is this correct? and if so how can I get my graphics back to perfection?

Would realy appreciate the help

Hey, ok so I used to have a solid iaktos 10.5.2 R3 nforce edition installation on my pc until last night (PC specs in sig). Now I am trying to get leopard idebn 10.5.4 running on my pc which I can get to do perfect except for my graphics...

I remember along time ago getting my graphics card (8600) to work in leopard was a nightmare... and in the end by fluke I got it working. This time I used OSX tools and downloaded a kext (nvinject) to get my graphics working... this kinda worked.... I mean I get the correct resolution... but I get loads of artifacts everywhere... and also quartz extreme isnt enabled...so no transparancy etc

I heard that in anything past 10.5.4 nvinject kexts wont work? is this correct? and if so how can I get my graphics back to perfection?

Would realy appreciate the help

I suggest you look at the posts in my Pre-Series 7 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO thread......starting at post # 1........also my blog entries......iDeneb 10.5.4 install guide...... ;)