use line in as line out ?

Tiranofice

8 posts in this topic

Hi everbody

One of the things where i use my macbook is dj'ing. I am however not a pro, and low on budget, so i want to avoid to buy a new soundcard and i was wondering if it is possible to use the line in as a headphone out. I remember this is possible in windows, i found an app some years ago, but i can't remember what it is called.

So is there anything similar for mac? I want to send one signal (through the line out) to the speakers and one signal to my headphones. I won"t be using the line in anyway...

thx in advance

i think you misunderstood me:

here is what i want:

now, in my software (ableton, cubase, logic ,...) i can choose to output sound to built-in output.

for input i can choose the built in input.

Now is there a way to achieve this:

no input

output possible on both built-in output and built-in input ? so i can attach my amplifier to the built in output and my headphones in py built-in input and play back different audio on both?

all this does is route the input signal directly to the output signal, according to the description?

i think you misunderstood me:

here is what i want:

now, in my software (ableton, cubase, logic ,...) i can choose to output sound to built-in output.

for input i can choose the built in input.

Now is there a way to achieve this:

no input

output possible on both built-in output and built-in input ? so i can attach my amplifier to the built in output and my headphones in py built-in input and play back different audio on both?

all this does is route the input signal directly to the output signal, according to the description?

The software in the link will allow you to reroute the out signal though the input jack only if your hardware supports it. Unfortunately, my MB does not support this feature (old G series macs did, I believe), so I cannot test it for you. I'll see if it works on my hack at home tonight and get back to you.

• 4 weeks later...