Acer Aspire 5100 Kalyway 10.5.2 Help

Manjy

3 posts in this topic

I have an Acer Aspire 5100 notebook and I am trying to install Leopard on it. Every time it's nearly done with 4 to 6 minutes remaining, it freezes. I try configuring it with several different options but it always fails. Can anyone help?

Try burning another image of the installer, I came across this once.

Otherwise your hardware is incompatable or you have to disable some options in bios. Search throught the forums and the Wiki, someone will have come across this before.

Good luck.

• 3 months later...

i can runnit

I have an Acer Aspire 5100 notebook and I am trying to install Leopard on it. Every time it's nearly done with 4 to 6 minutes remaining, it freezes. I try configuring it with several different options but it always fails. Can anyone help?

I have the same laptop and i can run once the osx kalyway with the standard setings when i try to modify the options can't run the installer freeze some times but i only restart & try again always with de -s option when promt to a command just type exit and the installer goes ok just mark the amd path option 1 in the last arrow.

Note the osx with the standard settings run very slow without sound and wireles or ethernet if you have other settings to runnit better please tell me.

I also tried the ipc & leo4all 4.1 and only kalyway 10.5.2 could install the others show the error still waiting for root device

sorry for my bad english

Edited by zzeromx