Install issue on Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R

PinnacleDesigns

4 posts in this topic

I have tried iDeneb 1.3 and iAtkos 4.1i with the same error. It makes it though the disk verify but fails with a media error. I am a noob to osX86 but not to computers. This install is on the same box I am running Ubuntu 8.04 with absolutely no issues. After reading other posts and not finding a solution I wanted to get any recommendations anyone might have. There are other drives in the system but I was testing with the drive named only.

These are my components:

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R

CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz OC@3.0GHz

Cooler - Zalman CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball

RAM - Corsair XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2-800 TWIN2X2048-6400C4

GPU - eVGA GeForce 6800Ultra 256MB PCI Express

HDD - Seagate ST3120813AS 120GB SATA

Optical - Pioneer DVR-215DBK 20X DVD±R DVD Burner SATA

Case - Antec P182 Gun Metal Black ATX Mid Tower

PSU - Silverstone SST-ST56ZF 560W ATX12V / EPS12V

• 4 months later...

Hey! I've had also the same error for like more then 10 times. So I tried always to do something differently. Now I got it to install on it, with iDeneb 1.4 (but, I just installed the core, no additional fixer noit patches)

Now I tried to boot it up, and it says:

"Still waiting for root device"  :(

I have tried iDeneb 1.3 and iAtkos 4.1i with the same error. It makes it though the disk verify but fails with a media error. I am a noob to osX86 but not to computers. This install is on the same box I am running Ubuntu 8.04 with absolutely no issues. After reading other posts and not finding a solution I wanted to get any recommendations anyone might have. There are other drives in the system but I was testing with the drive named only.

These are my components:

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R

CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz OC@3.0GHz

Cooler - Zalman CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball

RAM - Corsair XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2-800 TWIN2X2048-6400C4

GPU - eVGA GeForce 6800Ultra 256MB PCI Express

HDD - Seagate ST3120813AS 120GB SATA

Optical - Pioneer DVR-215DBK 20X DVD±R DVD Burner SATA

Case - Antec P182 Gun Metal Black ATX Mid Tower

PSU - Silverstone SST-ST56ZF 560W ATX12V / EPS12V

I'm not quite sure how the disk verify works. But I know that sometimes Linux disc burning programs lie to you about whether the disc burned correctly. Both Brasero and K3b have lied to me about disc burnings, either being good or bad. So it's possible the disc verify isn't 100% accurate either.

First, I would verify the disc image with your torrent program, then burn a new copy. I suggest using ImgBurn to burn. So far, it has never lied to me about whether a DVD burned right or not. When it says 'borked', it's a coaster. You can actually run ImgBurn from Linux under Wine. http://jdrrant.blogspot.com/2009/01/imgburn-on-linux.html

You might also think about a retail disc install method. Boot-132 or if you can ever get one of these distros installed, do it from there.