iDeneb 1.3 on asus P5K Premium

cinabuba

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

My rig, asus P5K Pr, asus 9800 gtx, intel QC 2.5 GHz, 4 gig memory, iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5. Bios: AHCI for sata drives, S1 for power setup, Jmicron controller set on IDE are the only relevant changes. seems work fine.

Problems:

a) on board audio fix (taruga's ADI AD1988b [any revision]) provokes random system crash. I'll use my external card. Don't need any of this multiple channel systems.

B) system awakening impossible after it goes sleep. Set up for never going to sleep (except for the monitor) in the system pane. Minor issue, at all.

c) shut off is not a real shut off. Fixes tried, but they drives the system to crash. Minor issue, I love hard shut off, the real energy saver. I hate stand by.

d) Jmicron controller and eSata drives won't cooperate. Sometimes little quarreling between the two. This is

important to me, I do use eSata drives intensively. Any solution? Jmicron controller bios-switched to AHCI is not the way, I think. My drives: Lacie and Techsolo.

Many thanks in advance.

OSx86 is a great job.

• 1 month later...

hello, if you still get those problems:

for Audio you should try this

"d) Jmicron controller and eSata drives won't cooperate. Sometimes little quarreling between the two. This is

important to me, I do use eSata drives intensively. Any solution? Jmicron controller bios-switched to AHCI is not the way, I think. My drives: Lacie and Techsolo."

what you mean by "quarreling" ?

i saw your system has 4gb memory, on my system (see my signature) i had to disable memory remap in bios to stop Kernel Panics when copy/paste large files.

4gb sometimes causes freezes. Id try using this flag on startup

maxmem=2048
see if you still have issues. There is also a fix for this to enable you to use all 4gb. Ive been using it and have had pretty good luck. You can read about it here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127611

I would though use maxmem first to isolate if this is actually causing any problems.