Msi Wind Install

Harvey Dent

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Again I want to thank all of the members and developers for making what im' about to do feasable if it wasn't for you i wouild be stuck with winblows vista. I purchased a msi wind last night with a extra gig of ram to make it 2gb 160gb drive and 6cell battery. I also purchased osx 10.5.4 retail (tryin to do it legal folks) and will be using instahackintosh by PCWIZ ansd STVLNUB. what im trying to achieve is a fully vanilla install updatable through apple system update and well im hoping that i can get it all working. I purchased a usb wifi card just in case we had no wifi support for realtek card yet. At any rate I hope that this community keeps teaching me to evolve from mac nub to at least intermediate user. I just wanted to know if there are any snags I'm goin to run into (this wont be a gaming mac). Also if any mac wind owners could post feedback on what they did thanks again for this wonderful board.

Humbly grateful,

Harvey

anyone have any imput for this would be appreciated i was wondering if instahackintosh would be the software to run because i dont want to burn another image i just want to boot and install of retail would slim build do the trick if anyone has any pointers let me know

Ok I have it working fully retail untouched here is what I did.

1.Downloaded MacLoader v2.0

2. Created Boot132 cd with supplied kexts below.

3.Booted with cd then ejected boot132 cd inserted 10.5.4 retail.

4.after it loaded went to disk util and made 2 partitions like in macloader step by step.

5. Installed leopard then reeboot after that boot with -x flag because network driver not loaded and will loop registration screen very annoying.

6. using a thumb thrive or usb stick had my realtek driver to installed

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=7&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#7

7. Installed driver then i followed macloader steps on loading macloader to small partition copied kexts to small partition. installed macloader and chamaleon supplied with macloader.

8.Reeboot !

BTW read Macloader readme and know that after each system update to use the ./updater.sh file in terminal so it won't break your install.

KEXTs.zip