setting a drive mount point

MagicWTF

3 posts in this topic

okay, every time I've run osx on my toshiba lappy it's worked, but I've never tried to dual boot and I need vista for school and missed osx, so i used vista's computer management feature to create a little ntfs partition (35 gigs roughly) and from there went about installing osx, but whenever I go to make this partition an osx journaled partition (or do anything with it in the osx install cd (iatkos v1.0i for those who want to know) it says that the drive has no set mount point, it's partition is disk0s2 if that counts for anything, I've tried making it the active partition, and and running first aid on it, but it just won't mount, neither will my other partition which contains vista, this hdd has happily run osx before without any issues. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ps. think a newer version would help, I have an iatkos 4.0i iso on here, I just need to find a dvd to burn it.

okay I deleted that partition and am downloading arconis, let's see if it works, if so I'll report back, I've never had a partition be mountable in one os and not in another though (it mounted in windows and Linux by the way)

okay, arconis won't make a partition bigger than 8megs, and after a try with a raw partition but it still won't mount >.<

can anyone suggest a better way to do this, or know why the disk won't mount?

someone please help, I want to have osx back on by Thursday.

Problem solved with the aid of Gparted, i knew linux still had a use in my life, I formatted it as raw and then from there I erased it with iatkos, and tada, it mounts

so if a mod or someone wants they can close this, that or let it sink into the depths of the forums. ^^