some OSX on my brand new Samsung R510

sub7

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

i just bought a Samsung R510 which is a pritty awesome notebook and now i try to install OSX on it. First at all some informations about the system on this website:

http://notebook.samsung.de/produkte/detail...41-11f1132b6eff (sorry there is no english link available but i think this is understandable)

Okay, i have 3 Windows Vista partitions.. Like first is the OS, second is my data and third is music but that doesnt matter. Then i have about 20GB left for OSX. Tried to install it and it worked well (until i tried to start it) There is the screen with the logo coming up and then... "nothing"... Only a white box with a cross and something. So my first step was to figure out which problem this could be and how i can solve it. -> I went to google and googled the hell..

The solution i found was for another Version (I am using iDeneb 10.5.5) Anyway the solution said first to boot with "-v". I did that and there was the "still waiting for root devices" msg which i found then in another solution under this link:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...for_root_device

ok i tried even that but nothing happend.. Still same {censored} like before. I tried everything with rd=disk0s2 ... but everytime i wanted to start my osx there was that screen or in -v mode that msg coming up... so finally the question.. How can i solve this?

ps: i did not try the nforce patch since i think i dont have one.. its a geforce onboard but the cipset is intel isnt it? sorry but i am not that familar with notebooks

//okay now i get over that problem .. reinstalled it and put under "customize" all the 10.5.5 patches.. but now i get kernel panic and then something with debugger comes on screen :S

okay since i didnt get problems solved with this osx i tried another. Samsung R510 works with that Kalaway OSX very well. have to find some drivers and then i will report in a short tutorial how to get it work cause i had to change some files on another way

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...