After my hackintosh is idle for around 15 minutes, the cpu usage rises

ROFLance

4 posts in this topic

When I leave my Hackintosh idle for about 15 minutes, the CPU usage rises to about 12%. Okay, so here's the real mind{censored}, as soon as I move my mouse or keyboard, the CPU usage drops back down to 0%.

I left Activity Monitor open to observe which files are causing this problem. Activity Monitor Screenshot

It seems coreservicesd, distnoted, loginwindow, WindowServer, launchd and diskarbitrationd are to blame.

Does anyone know what's going on? Please help if you can.

• 3 months later...
When I leave my Hackintosh idle for about 15 minutes, the CPU usage rises to about 12%. Okay, so here's the real mind{censored}, as soon as I move my mouse or keyboard, the CPU usage drops back down to 0%.

I left Activity Monitor open to observe which files are causing this problem. Activity Monitor Screenshot

It seems coreservicesd, distnoted, loginwindow, WindowServer, launchd and diskarbitrationd are to blame.

Does anyone know what's going on? Please help if you can.

Hi

I have the same problem.

Did you ever get a solution/explanation to this?

Link to my post: www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=152193

Thanx..

/O

• 2 months later...

It might be related to a problem which I had a long time ago. I don't know if you guys have the same problem, but you might want to look into my old thread.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...c=90174&hl=

Just open Terminal and run "sudo opensnoop >output1", let it run and wait. I suggest to leave it at least running for 10mins after the fan goes crazy, so you can compare it later. The rest is described in my thread. Make a backup of that file though.