newbie questions, but very important!

tomchook

2 posts in this topic

I've been a part of the OSx86 community for a few weeks, but I still don't quite get all the terms (kext, kernel, kalyway, iAtkos, NVinject, vanilla, boot132 etc)

I have MSI Wind U100, and HP pavilion dv9750.

Through the forum of MSI, i downloaded ISO that was created for Wind (Leopard 10.5.4), and I used the Leopard HD install helper v0.3, since the Wind doesn't have a DVD (so it mounted the install from another driver instead of the DVD). The install went smooth, and now Leopard is working perfectly (I even upgraded to 10.5.5 through normal apple software update).

I understand that probably that ISO was created specifically for MSI Wind, but from all the guides that are available on InsanelyMac, I can't find the simple guide, step-by-step, how to install it on my HP pavilion dv9750. I already have a partition on the hard drive which is set up for OSX (during the installation I will make it extended Journaled).

Here are a few questions.

1. Which ISO should I download? (I'll find it on a torrent site..)

2. Can I install it on my computer as if it was a mac, and just later update all the drivers?

These are the drivers I'm looking for:

Chipset: PM965 (has on it Core2Due t7500 2.2Ghz)

Video: GeForce 8400M GS

Audio: Realtek ALC268

LAN: Realtek RTL8186B/8111B

WAN: Intel Pro/wireless 3945ABG

Bluetooth

HP webcam

I would really appreciate it if someone would guide me through this thoroughly or at least refer me to the right guide.. I didn't have to input any command lines in the MSI install, so I hope there is a guide that would suit me. I'm sure it would also help other people who are really lost regarding this installation.

Thanks!

Hey,

First read here to get a since of OSX86 and a good newbies guide.

For your HP site it would be best to consult here for a guide to the hp dv9000 series laptops

Unfortunately a bunch of thing you do in this project involve the command line..if you nervous either learn to use it or I would suggest not going any further. It might be intimidating at first but its really simple and easy to use. Check here for more info on the command line.

Hope i've pointed you in the right direction for getting things started. This project is a lot of hard work, but its fun and pay off in the end.

Feel free to pm me or reply to this thread for more info

PS: Oh yeah...GOOD LUCK

MGJulius