Asrock one core only?

computer

9 posts in this topic

Hi there, I was wondering if any one knows a work around or some info on how to get osx to use both cores on a core2duo E6550 2.33ghz. I have downgraded the bios to Kabyls v1.80, and no luck. I have installed various versions including Kalyway 10.5.1, Kalyway 10.5.2 and iDeneb 10.5.5, none of which detect both cores. I have to say everything else works perfectly except for this issue with only one core working. Currently no kernel will boot without using cpus=1. I hope someone may have had similar problem or knows a way around getting both cores to work, I have checked everywhere but cannot find any info on how to get them working. Thank you

Oh well, I cant get dual core to work. I have tried my best with voodoo kernel but no luck. Anybody have a suggestion of what mediocre motherboard that will support a core2duo e6550 and use both cores under osx vanilla kernel?

:) Thanks for that. I mainly deal with Asus and Asrock boards in my workshop, will order a Gigabyte, such a shame, I had this board lying around for some time. Hoping it would work and save me having to pay the business for a new one :P Anyways thanks for your info and hope one day people may buy these boards and get dual core working.

OK. So what I havent tried with this Asrock motherboard is downgrading the bios to v1.3 Anyone have this bios version? Any links? I cannot find it anywhere on the internet and Asrock only have newest version available. I hope someone may help out, thank youuu

• 4 weeks later...

SOLUTION: Ok! From a few weeks not bothering to sort this out, last night I was in the mood for some tweeking. I found out that by dowloading the 1.3v Bios Firmware from the Asrock web site did the trick. But just so we all know. The asock web site doesnt show this firmware for the Asrock 1333-d667 v3, but by downloading the bios firmware from Asrock 1333-d667 v2 it was compatible and now I have both cores working fine. Simple hey?!

• 3 months later...

Hi, i have a hp dv5 1000 working every thing, except that i have an intel core 2 duo t5800 and system profile says it have only one core, i have a dual boot operating system with windows vista and it detects both cores? anyone else with this issue? any solution? please let me know