10.4.11 installed, need AGP GeForce FX5200 drivers

14 posts in this topic

I'm posting from my OS X installation on my PC, and I need help...

OK, I tried to install the 330 MB Mac OS X Update Combined (intel) with Safari 3. The first time I tried, it screwed up OS X. After installing it and rebooting, it would get to the "Loading darwin" part of the boot, and the computer would just restart. Would I need to repair the disk permissions in Disk Utility for it to work?

I also have AGP GeForce FX 5200 NVidia card in here, and I found this installer http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=36435 . I read everybody's post, and it doesn't seem anyone could get this working properly with AGP. Little help with that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

I know this is a bump, but I got updates working just fine now, what I need is to get my AGP GeForce FX 5200 Video card working. It would be really nice, because intergrated kinda sucks...

I need is to get my AGP GeForce FX 5200 Video card working

There are 2 things to install:

1) an AGP driver, not knowing what your chipset is I have no idea.

2) a FX5200 driver, I used a driver called "Natit dual v02" to good result here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry735525

and here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=141001

The chipset for my board is:

Field	ValueNorth Bridge Properties <BR>North Bridge	Intel Springdale-G i865G<BR>Revision / Stepping	02 / A2<BR>Package Type	932 Pin FC-BGA<BR>Package Size	3.75 cm x 3.75 cm<BR>Core Voltage	1.5 V<BR>In-Order Queue Depth	12<BR> <BR>Memory Controller <BR>Type	Dual Channel  (128-bit)<BR>Active Mode	Single Channel  (64-bit)<BR>PAT	Enabled<BR> <BR>Memory Timings <BR>CAS Latency (CL)	2.5T<BR>RAS To CAS Delay (tRCD)	3T<BR>RAS Precharge (tRP)	3T<BR>RAS Active Time (tRAS)	7T<BR> <BR>Error Correction <BR>ECC	Not Supported<BR>ChipKill ECC	Not Supported<BR>RAID	Not Supported<BR>ECC Scrubbing	Not Supported<BR> <BR>Memory Slots <BR>DRAM Slot #1	256 MB  (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)<BR>DRAM Slot #2	256 MB  (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)<BR> <BR>Integrated Graphics Controller <BR>Graphics Controller Type	Intel Extreme Graphics 2<BR>Graphics Controller Status	Disabled<BR> <BR>AGP Controller <BR>AGP Version	3.00<BR>AGP Status	Enabled<BR>AGP Device	nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200<BR>AGP Aperture Size	128 MB<BR>Supported AGP Speeds	1x, 2x, 4x, 8x<BR>Current AGP Speed	8x<BR>Fast-Write	Supported, Enabled<BR>Side Band Addressing	Supported, Enabled

(If thats right..)

As soon as it arrives, I'm upgrading my ram to 1.5 GB. And I think I have it linked in the first post, but I used a GeForce FX5200 driver installer, but it didn't exactly work right. The screen was sideways, and after rebooting one more time the screen would just stay black... (Posting this info from Windows)

What I would do is follow my install on that AssRock piece of junk I installed on, using the XxX_OS_X86_10.4.11_Install_Disk_Rev2, changing only the audio and Nic options to suit what I have. This will give you 10.4.11, the 865 AGP driver you want, and the FX5200 driver you want. The only problem you will have is the latest security update (2008-008) breaks "about this Mac" (you can still get "system profiler" in your utilities folder to give you the same info).

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=141001

I don't want to have to re-install my OS though, took me a while to get it working right the way it is currently. Plus, if I have to download another 4 GB ISO, it'll take forever. :(

What I'm looking for is some sort of installer to make things easier if there is one. Otherwise just the required files, and I could put them wherever they need to be and what not. Anything like that? I've searched the forum a lot and haven't found much that doesn't require a whole alternate version of an OS X ISO...

Yes I did, I used this method and upgraded perfectly to 10.4.11 http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho....4.8+to+10.4.11

I don't reccomend leaving the Terminal open while updating. When I did it that way, the update crashed at Expanding and Verifying. So just repeat the step right before the "leave it open" part near the end after the update, run the script and such, then restart.

Sonic94....... am looking for Roxio Toast but i cant find a version that works what do u use to burn ur CDs...? i want something that can also burn data files any idea?

and did u do the security update too caz am scared to install it

i cant bother with a "crash" right now

• 3 weeks later...
Sonic94....... am looking for Roxio Toast but i cant find a version that works what do u use to burn ur CDs...? i want something that can also burn data files any idea?

and did u do the security update too caz am scared to install it

i cant bother with a "crash" right now

Sorry, haven't been on here in a while.

I did the security update no problem, just use the tutorial I linked a couple posts up and you'll be just fine! And I didn't actually burn any CDs from my Hackintosh, I burned my OS X CD off of Windows using InfraRecorder.