Configuration To Run MAC & XP For 1500USD

7 posts in this topic

H friends...

I've Tried To Install Kalyway 10.5.2..for several times..and i didnt it got it work through...in my intel d101ggc and ati x1000 series..

So..Finally planed to get a new system which runs both xp and mac...without any problems..

my budget is 1500USD(67000rs In india)

so ..guys please help me to..build a configuration..

it'll be really helpful for me..

thanks in advance.........

why not get one of the new mac books? if you run bootcamp it'll be 100% compatible with both. i think it starts at 1,300 usd

thanks for the reply bro..,

i too thought of buying that..and its cool one too...

,since im a VFX artist in profession i need a high end configuration to do my works....,in mac book ..i think i could not get that much speed.. which im expecting..from my new pc configuration..

so..please guide me to..get a nice pc config for both PC and Mac...

1500 is a good budget, does that include display or do you have a display. For that budget with out a monitor, I would go with:

Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6

Core 2 Quad 9400

NVIDIA 9800GTX+

8GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 1066

640GB Seagate SATA Hard Drive

2x 1TB Seagate SATA Hard Drives

Some ATX Mid Tower

Thermaltake 750W Power Supply

Pioneer DVR-216 SATA DVD-R Drive

~$1460 + shipping.

If you want to cut cost I would go with two 750GB drives. Also if you need cash for a monitor go with a P45 motherboard, and an E8500 Core 2 Duo. If you are running Windows XP 4GB of RAM might be enough. However, if you are doing visual effects 8GB of RAM kicks ass.

If you are looking for a monitor the 24inch Samsung 245T is great for high end, or the Samsung 24 inch 2443BWX is great on the low end.