What card to get?

Thao

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I used to dualboot Vista and Leopard on my Gateway MT6821, however, due to the 3945 Wireless being stupid, I ended up just scrapping Leopard. However, I'm beginning to go into withdrawal using Vista, so I'm looking for a really cheap wireless card that is Leopard supported and would work with my laptop?

The specs can be found here:

http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/2007/O...14127Rsp2.shtml

Anything below $25 would be really nice! I'm not looking to replace the 3945, just add something to the "Type II PC Card Bus slot" I'm assuming? Basically, anything that holds a connection. I'll never be more than 10-15 feet away from the base. And how easy are these to install? Does it stick out of the slot at all?

Thanks!

Hi,

Take a read of this thread in the forum. The cheapest solution until someone writes a kext for the Intel 3945 that works well is to buy yourself a Wireless USB dongle or PCMIA type II card with a Broadcom chipset. Broadcom chipsets seem to be the easiest to get working. I have had good success with Ralink cards as well. If you Google LINUX and wireless you will find a list of what you are looking for. In this instance Google is your friend. :thumbsup_anim:

regards,

Eric