iDeneb v1.3 Still waiting for root device...

Namek91

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a problem with my notebook - Toshiba Satellite L20-101:

Intel Pentium M 740 - 1733 MHz

512MB DDR2

Intel 915GM

Conexant Cx20468

Realtek RTL8139

Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG on MiniPCI / PCMCIA and TP-LINK TL-WN510G on PCMCIA (Atheros AR5005G)

TOSHIBA 60GB SATA

MAT{censored}A UJ-841S

I have already installed iDeneb v1.3 with Kernel 9.4.0 StageXNU (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3), but when the installation was sucefull completed and I'm boot my notebook from HD, I have see "Apple", and fcking "Still waiting for root device" (I have already started with -v -x -f parametrs, but nothings work...).

I have found some solution:

"If you are using a SATA disk, make sure it is set for IDE legacy mode in the PC BIOS and not 'enhanced'

Get a IDE Hard Disk(you can attach the IDE hard disk, but still install the OS on the SATA drive. It just helps to get past the "still waiting for root device error".)"

but in my BIOS of Toshiba there is no option, to switch my Hard Drive to AHCI, IDE or RAID! There is no fcking option to switch? What should I do right now?

PS: Sorry for my english...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am no expert but my scenario is exactly like yours, but after the installation is complete, for me, the ONLY way to boot into Leopard is to go back into my bios and change from AHCI back to IDE. I am not familiar with your motherboard but if you don't have this option I would say that you might be out of luck.

The only suggestion I can make is first, make sure your bios for your motherboard is updated to the MOST CURRENT ONE available as newer bios have added options in them and you may find this option in a later bios. Otherwise, you might need to do this with a completely different motherboard.

hope this helps