Ibm T40

NiceGuy79

6 posts in this topic

I've tried for the last week to install Kalaway 10.5.1 on my T40 but have not had any luck.

The install goes fine but after it reboots it just keeps rebooting after seeing the grey apple screen.

I've tried -v -x cpu=1 etc but I just can't seem to get it to do anything except reboot constantly.

If someone has a guide that would help I would appreciate it. I've tried selecting different packages/drivers and nothing seems to work.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!

JUst did another reinstall and it continues to reboot.

Did a -v and it froze after the following line:

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 7864 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

I also noticed the following:

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies

on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components;

use only one style.

Does anyone know what this could be and how to fix it?

Total lack of pertinent information & detail means there is no way for anyone to help you. failing that, your only option is to keep trying things until you get there. Make a note of which options you choose in "Customise" each time, and make certain you select the correct kernel and options for your machine.

What more info would be needed?

I installed Kalaway 10.5.1 on a default IBM T40 only option I selected in the install was the boot efi mbr.

That is it. After it reboots it hangs at the grey apple logo or if I do a -v it gives me the same info as mentioned above.

you try booting with "-v -f -x" The "-v" just gives you the verbose on screen stuff that is loading... I don't think it actually changes anything that loads.... the -x actually should force it into "safe boot" . I got the iDeneb v 1.3 10.5.5 running on my dell 1525... I have an older T40 that I may try it on but will wait until I can get some cheap ram (only has 256mb right now). Like the previous poster mentioned, you will probably need to reload it noting which options you select... I think the T40 has a pentium M chip which is ss2 only so make sure you don't select a kernel that requires ss3.... just a thought.

Whoops... looks like you already did try with the -x into safe mode....