[:::Please help:::] WTF is up with MIRRORING?

LJSeinfeld

6 posts in this topic

Before you indulge the urge to flame, I've searched and searched, cruised IRC chat rooms, googled my eyes out, etc... can't seem to find anything that helps. I'm somewhere between noob and "real" hackintosh user.... I'm definitely no programmer or hardware guru (although I can sometimes glean some info from kexts, plists, etc)...

I'm running iDeneb @ 10.5.5 and my video card is a GeForce 7300GT 512MB (rest of hardware specs are in my sig).

Here's the deal:

I have a HannsG 19" LCD monitor as my "main" monitor connected to the VGA port on the card and a Philips 47" LCD tv connected to the DVI port on the card via a DVI - HDMI cable. I can do dual displays all day long, but cannot mirror displays. Everything shows up as fully supported by CI, QE, Rotation.

If I select mirror, the 47" Philips LCD goes black -- but I can still see the cursor moving around on the screen. The HannsG monitor continues to work fine.

If I select "rotate" (any angle) on the Phlips display springs to life and mirrors everything just fine.... except it's rotated.

Running nvkush as my video driver/injector.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

LJS

I can confirm this...  

(Kaly 10.5.5. /NVKush on Gigabyte 965P DS3 with E4300 and GeForce 7100GS 256MB)

Had no luck with Natit either.

But: I'm happy that it works somehow... didn't know that rotating helps, before reading your post. Well, it doesnt look cool, but turning my 2nd display upside-down is the way to go for me right now. :D

Well, while I'm sorry you're having the same problem, at least we're not the only ones...

Hopefully more exposure will bring a fix -- I've chatted with DiaboliK couple of times (I'm using NVKush, but had same behavior with NVINJECT) -- hopefully something will come out of it.

Forgot to mention that mirroring happens automatically if I'm booting from the install DVD, or at boot of OS X before everything loads up (gray Apple screen).

• 2 weeks later...