I need help please! HP Pavilion dv6500 no sound

DaniX0R

6 posts in this topic

I'm using dualboot Vista/iDeneb 10.5.4 on my HP Pavilion DV6500 notebook, Leopard is working amazingly except for sound. Here are my system specifications:

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T7700 @ 2,4 GHz

4GB Kingston DDR2 @ 667 featuring ECC

And here's what I can see on System Profiler, under Audio category:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x103C30CC

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

I have no idea of what sound driver should I look for, nor I know the necessary steps in order to make it work, once someone will point me to the right direction.

As a conclusion, is there someone kind enough to help me find and install the sound driver for my notebook? I know I'm a n00b :censored2: therefore please let me know if there is a way for me to find more detailed information about my sound chipset.

If anyone could help me, I'd really, REALLY appreciate it

Sorry guys for answering so late, there was an issue with my notebook's mainboard and hard drive and I had them replaced, and now I'm happy I managed to install again both Vista and iDeneb. Fortunately I found out that my sound card was a Realtek ALC268, I managed to install the driver with the help of the taruga patch, and for now I'm satisfied with the sound i get from the inbuilt speakers ;) and from the headphone output, even if the hardware audio-on-off switch doesn't work. So far, I'm pretty satisfied, though I have no idea how could I test the microphone :thanks_speechbubble:

The wireless adapter (Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG) doesn't work either, there is a red light next to the hardware switch which should turn blue when the switch is turned on, and unfortunately it stays red, meaning the wireless adapter is not working. I'd try looking for a driver, but I don't have the courage, for now I'm done with experimenting by myself, I hope someone points me to the right direction :D

The Ricoh card-reader and the embedded HP Web camera don't work either, but for now I'd be happy if I got at least the wireless adapter working... :(

LOL ... I'm already offtopic ... it's the "Sound" section of the hardware forum :o:(

Anyway, thank you for your support and I hope there will be someone able to help me further

Best regards,

Dani

• 10 months later...
I'm using dualboot Vista/iDeneb 10.5.4 on my HP Pavilion DV6500 notebook, Leopard is working amazingly except for sound. Here are my system specifications:

Intel� Core2 Duo CPU T7700 @ 2,4 GHz

4GB Kingston DDR2 @ 667 featuring ECC

And here's what I can see on System Profiler, under Audio category:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x103C30CC

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

I have no idea of what sound driver should I look for, nor I know the necessary steps in order to make it work, once someone will point me to the right direction.

As a conclusion, is there someone kind enough to help me find and install the sound driver for my notebook? I know I'm a n00b :unsure: therefore please let me know if there is a way for me to find more detailed information about my sound chipset.

If anyone could help me, I'd really, REALLY appreciate it

TRY THE ALC268 Driver, or maybe it was ALC268, just search those it worked for my dv6628us, after you install remember to restart and then sys pref. and switch the sound to output and not headphones.

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry guys for answering so late, there was an issue with my notebook's mainboard and hard drive and I had them replaced, and now I'm happy I managed to install again both Vista and iDeneb. Fortunately I found out that my sound card was a Realtek ALC268, I managed to install the driver with the help of the taruga patch, and for now I'm satisfied with the sound i get from the inbuilt speakers :) and from the headphone output, even if the hardware audio-on-off switch doesn't work. So far, I'm pretty satisfied, though I have no idea how could I test the microphone :(

The wireless adapter (Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG) doesn't work either, there is a red light next to the hardware switch which should turn blue when the switch is turned on, and unfortunately it stays red, meaning the wireless adapter is not working. I'd try looking for a driver, but I don't have the courage, for now I'm done with experimenting by myself, I hope someone points me to the right direction :)

The Ricoh card-reader and the embedded HP Web camera don't work either, but for now I'd be happy if I got at least the wireless adapter working... ;)

LOL ... I'm already offtopic ... it's the "Sound" section of the hardware forum :o:)

Anyway, thank you for your support and I hope there will be someone able to help me further

Best regards,

Dani

How did it go? I'm also having trouble with the sound and wifi. Did you manage to get it to work? If so, where did you get the drivers?