ga-ma78gm-s2h + Phenom 9500, Sucesfully install

carlosmo

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

After severals attemps to install leo on my HTPC, I've sucesfully got installed Lawless amd phenom 10.5.4.

Specs:

Motherboard: Ga-ma78gm-s2h (sb700)

Micro: Phenom 9500m, b2

GPU: Ati 2600pro

Sata dvd

Sata HDs

If you have troubles with this problematic mother, and it runs a Phenom proccesor, this short guide will help you to insrall Leo on it.

Just follow these steps:

Download "Lawless amd & phenom 10.5.4" release and toast it into a DVD.

* In BIOS (ga-ma78gm-s2h) put sata drivers to AHCI.

* Boot from DVD

* No options on bootloader screen, just go straight forward to main Leopard install screen

* Select lenguage

* Open disk utility and format your sata drive as Mac os journaled and MBR partition map.

* Select your desire sata hard disk to install Leo.

* Get into "options" and uncheck everything

* Go through install process

In less than 10 minutes, Leo will be installed in your new Hackintosh.

Once you boot into Leopard you'll notice that the IGP hd3200 works at 1024. There aren't drivers to get it work other than in vesa mode.

To make audio works, just install ALC889a kext. I've tested, both analogue and digital ouputs, and works brilliantly, even 5.1

Four cores working!!!! (System info only shows Phenom 9500, but just 1 core. Activity monitor shows four cores working without a problem)

Lan doesn't wok.

SATA drivers work perfect

Wifi through Asus WL 138g v2, works out of the box.

After all, I instaled Plex, the best media center I've ever tested on a mac, much better than Front Row. It runs all my movie library of mkv's at 720p and 1080p brilliantly, even it runs all my .m2ts files from bluray.

• 8 months later...

Coul you help me ?

Hi, I've read this thread and I need some help.

I have the same MB Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H but with AMD Phenom II 920, plus 4Gb RAM DDR2 800Mhz, HD 500GB SATA, DVD-RW LG SATA, Internal USB Card Reader and D-Link DWA-110 USB WiFi.

I've installed Windows XP and everything works fine. Now I want to make a triple boot with Windows XP, Windows 7 (for test propose only) and OSx86.

First of all, I've disconnected the Internal USB Card Reader and D-Link DWA-110 USB WiFi because I want to try first the system OOB. I setup my BIOS to use AHCI mode for the SATA drives.

I've tried to use Leo4All but it didn't load the install. Then I tried iPC OSx86 10.5.6. I've followed the install instructions and I didn't select any optionals. I've formatted my SATA drive as Mac OS journaled and MBR partition map. I've choose the default boot loader (Chameleon 1.0.12). The installation has worked ok and I need to reboot. The boot loader loads and everytime when Darwin starts, my computer reboots !!!

I've tried to set "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32" but it didn't work.

Anyone could help ? Tks in advance.

• 1 month later...

I also had a mostly successful install with similar hardware.

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H

AMD Athlon X2 Brisbane 2.4 GHZ

6 Gigs of DDR2 RAM at 800 mhz

SATA DVD

SATA Hard Drives

(Seagate and WD)

Win XP and Leo 10.5.4 Lawless PPC

My system seemed a bit moody. I originally had an ide dvd drive, but recieved the still waiting for boot device error message every time. When I installed the sata dvd drive, I was unable to boot the install dvd with either hard drive plugged in. I tried multiple configurations in terms of jumper settings, slave, master selections, and lots of other things. I could only get the install to boot if both hard drives were unplugged. It didn't make for a successful install if I couldn't install to a drive so I had to get creative. I was able to drop one of my drives in an external usb enclosure and then I was successful in installing. Important note though, plug the external drive in after the MAC OS Installer has loaded, otherwise for some reason it will hang during boot whether the external drive is on or off. After the installation was successful, I was able to reinsert the hard drive into my build and run it internally with no issues. I experienced the same audio and graphics issues as the other people on this thread. I was able to resolve the audio problem quite easily. My graphics card is an ati HD 4650. So far it only runs in 1024x768. I have yet to find any drivers or "kexts" that seem to work. I have tried a few so far with no luck. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know otherwise I will be waiting for Snow Leopard as others have advised.

• 5 months later...
I also have a Gigabyte S-series GA-MA78GM-S2H motherboard but I am wondering if anybody has had any luck installing Snow Leopard 10.6 onto it?

Thanks

this forum is for 10.5 Leopard, so this is in the wrong place

I have the same MB Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H but with AMD Phenom II 920

Then I tried iPC OSx86 10.5.6. I've followed the install instructions and I didn't select any optionals. I've formatted my SATA drive as Mac OS journaled and MBR partition map. I've choose the default boot loader (Chameleon 1.0.12). The installation has worked ok and I need to reboot. The boot loader loads and everytime when Darwin starts, my computer reboots !!!

you didnt select any options in iPC? well thats probably your problem. you need to select a chipset, you need to select a kernel (being you have AMD processor, which kernel you choose is VERY important) and when you boot for the first time after installing, try booting with -f (to ignore boot cache) or -x )for safe mode)