Graphics and Performance Speed Problems...

seric463

4 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I have an HP Pavilion a1214n with the following specs:

-Intel Pentium 4 (w/ HT Technology) 3.0 GHz Processor

-2 GB RAM

-240 GB Hitachi 5400 RPM HD

-Intel GMA 950 Graphics (I have an ATi X1600 Pro, but it always crashes with those drivers =/)

-Intel Onboard Sound

I'm running Kalyway 10.5.2 with not many problems other than some speed issues. Whenever I open my Applications grid, the opening is rather laggy. Also, it sometimes takes forever for apps to open, especially Word 2008. (Also w/ word 2008, my cursor will be "stuck" in certain spots. I can still move it around but an image of the cursor will remain behind, and the cycle will repeat.)

Is there anyway I can speed this up? Does anyone else have a nice, fast install of Kalyway with a single core processor?

PS: I would also like to ask, this might end up being a really stupid question, but I'm new to Hackintoshes, not macs. So, can I update any part of my Hackintosh install with the OS X Software Update? If so, what can I update with it? (I know you can't update the OS X install like from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 =) )

Thanks for any replys in advance!

Ok, Quartz Extreme is working and Core Image says "HardwareAccelerated". I'm planning on getting a new gfx card because my 1600P is not compatible, and a new card will speed up the system (right?). Whats a good (but cheaper) card you would recommend??