Can't use Software Update for 10.5.5 on iAtkos v4.1i

xandr115

2 posts in this topic

IATKOS v4.1i installed perfectly for me. The only problem I'm running into now is the inability to run the software updater to get to 10.5.5

I've got what I believe is a vanilla install:

Chameleon EFI

Stock Kernel

Stock ACPI

AppleSMBIOS (used both netkas once and -28 the second time with the same end result)

Software Update Enabler

OHR

No drivers or kexts were installed.

My machine:

ECS 945GCT-M v.2

Core2Duo E4500

2 Gigs Ram

EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX 512mb

160GB SATA HD

EIDE DVD-RW Drive

I have now tried 3 separate times to run Software Update to get 10.5.5, the last time was the downloaded 10.5.5 Updater. Each time, the computer will finish the installation and reboot. It will then get as far as the Grey apple logo boot screen and then reboot suddenly... Then it will boot back into the Grey apple logo boot screen and then freeze. My HD indicator is still flashing, but the machine just freezes. Anyone kind enough to help this Noob?

THANKS ALL!

Y

You need to manually download the update. Use terminal to do several things one is to quit the script file while installing the update. Then use an editor in terminal to edit the file and make sure to change the donot steal macos.kext file to the dsmos.ketx. Sorry I am being cryptic as I am at work and not in front of my mac. You might be able to do this by booting your dvd and doing an install but go to utilities and pick terminal and correct the offending file.

IATKOS v4.1i installed perfectly for me. The only problem I'm running into now is the inability to run the software updater to get to 10.5.5

I've got what I believe is a vanilla install:

Chameleon EFI

Stock Kernel

Stock ACPI

AppleSMBIOS (used both netkas once and -28 the second time with the same end result)

Software Update Enabler

OHR

No drivers or kexts were installed.

My machine:

ECS 945GCT-M v.2

Core2Duo E4500

2 Gigs Ram

EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX 512mb

160GB SATA HD

EIDE DVD-RW Drive

I have now tried 3 separate times to run Software Update to get 10.5.5, the last time was the downloaded 10.5.5 Updater. Each time, the computer will finish the installation and reboot. It will then get as far as the Grey apple logo boot screen and then reboot suddenly... Then it will boot back into the Grey apple logo boot screen and then freeze. My HD indicator is still flashing, but the machine just freezes. Anyone kind enough to help this Noob?

THANKS ALL!