Can Mac OS X run on an IBM ThinkPad T21?

BTFan

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have an IBM ThinkPad T21 that I'm not using anymore. It runs Windows XP Professional now, but I was wondering if I can install Mac OS X Tiger or Leopard or any version onto it.

Here are the specs:

Intel Pentium III

800 MHz

512MB of RAM

20GB hard drive

DVD + CD drive (not burned DVDs)

If I can run a version of Mac OS X, please tell me which one and what software I have to download (I already have Zephyroth v2 and Kalyway 10.5.2).

Thanks

Hello,

I have an IBM ThinkPad T21 that I'm not using anymore. It runs Windows XP Professional now, but I was wondering if I can install Mac OS X Tiger or Leopard or any version onto it.

Here are the specs:

Intel Pentium III

800 MHz

512MB of RAM

20GB hard drive

DVD + CD drive (not burned DVDs)

If I can run a version of Mac OS X, please tell me which one and what software I have to download (I already have Zephyroth v2 and Kalyway 10.5.2).

Thanks

I hate to say it but its quite a bit more specfic than that. No offence but this is a somewhat a legacy machine. Your cpu doesn't support sse2 instructions only sse. Could be a bit of a non-starter. If you want to try something different on this particular machine I'd suggest maybe Fedora Linux 9? Not as easy as OSX but fairly pretty and better than being stuck with the Windows virus!