How can I get rid of this "drum" sounds(in attached file)

generalmilk

3 posts in this topic

I have alc655@nforce4 mobo, there are already some small issues like volume control sometimes got lost, no build-in audio in "about this mac" even add a sfx string(I cannot find layout-id, don't know why), but I can live with them.

The only thing I can't tolerate is in the attached file. It came out of Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Client for MAC 2.0. I have to remote control my office PC through my hackintosh. The version before RDC 2.0 beta2 is ok, but after that version, I got strange "drum" sound whenever there are sounds redirecting to local computer.

Someone can tell me why? How can I get the normal sound output?

See post 3, I found out why.

noise.mov

I found out!

It's related to the output sample rate. my onboard audio chip alc655 only have one rate: 48000hz (in midi utility). When I change to a cmedia8738, with default rate 44100, it works fine. Then I set cmedia8738 to 48000hz, RDC to Windows based computer will give the "drum" sound again. I also try this on other computers, and Yes! 48000hz= RDC cripple sound.

But the strange thing is when I open a MIDI application like guitar pro 5, the sample rate of cmedia8738 auto changed to 48000, I have to change it back manually everytime.

So, can anyone tell me how to

1. hard-coded my onboard alc655 to 44100hz, so I can use it without problem. Currently it only have one option 48000hz.

2. cmedia8738 already have 44100 and 48000, how can I disable the 48000 one.

I will be very happy if anyone of them is solved~ Thank you!