Very Simple Question.

xLitsx

2 posts in this topic

I do not have the time to google and research it, and it might be an easy find i don't even know.. simple answer to this questions..

If I Buy an iMac would I be able to use that display for windows if i get the adpapter and everything? Would I be able to use like a DVI KVM?

Would this work better on a g5, personnally I'd rather go with the imac, and use that as my main windows display but run my whitebox... i just like their displays a lot but I want a mac desktop.

Who knows maybe ill buy laptop, not the macbook pro or air, but by then in a year or so they may have a different one for me, step up from macbook, step down from macbook pro...

Any rumors of this happening?

Thanks

--- EDIT: I'm doing this because I love Mac now.. . after hackintosh, i want to pay them, they deserve it... hardware ill deal with, why i got windows for games :D

My limit for a deskto would be a near basic imac or a g5 under 1000, i think.... would I be able to get any kind of warrenty apple protection on that? Where would they sell it? eBay?

Sorry turned out to be more questions then i thought.

If I Buy an iMac would I be able to use that display for windows if i get the adpapter and everything? Would I be able to use like a DVI KVM?

No, the display on an iMac is hardwired to the computer.

My limit for a desktop would be a near basic imac or a g5 under 1000

I do fine on upgraded G4s here (maybe $300 in)

would I be able to get any kind of warrenty apple protection on that?

You are hanging around with too many Mac owners (anally retentive). Warranty, extended, or otherwise, on a clapped out used computer, *think* about it.

Where would they sell it? eBay?

Extended warranties are a poor investment on used computers, unless you buy a water cooled G5. I see them selling "Apple care" on E-Bay, cheaper than you are going to pay from Apple, but really, the money is better spent on a better computer than an extended warranty (you can't get extended warranty on a computer out of warranty, so, unless you plan on spending in excess of your $1000, get this *thought* right out of your head)

Something to note: If you do manage to buy a used Apple computer that is still under warranty (normal, or extended) the registered owner of that computer must be the one to initiate warranty transfer to you, NO EXCEPTIONS. Now, I'm not saying that you can't waltz in with a computer that is under warranty, and get it fixed under warranty, BUT the Apple repair depot is going to go on-line and check the serial number for a valid warranty, and at the same time they are supposed to verify the owner, sometimes they do, most times they don't....... don't rely on luck, if you are paying premium money for a computer under warranty make sure the warranty is transferred.