Crash and Burn! with DWL-G122 (Ralink driver)

TomBuntu

7 posts in this topic

Yep,

I am slowly figuring out what's causing all this crashing. I am using all SATA drives now and disabled memory remapping and it's a lot more stable. But it STILL crashes. I enabled debugging this time and it looks like it's the Ralink driver causing the kernel to panic. I only have this card and a PCI Atheros based one. Are there newer drivers? Any help would be appreciated. BTW: It's rev B, but I also have a rev C around.

Thanks,

-Tom

post-227185-1224394271_thumb.jpg

When I download something (like linux distributions or family films :D ) with transmission, bittorent or azureus, I have always a kernel panic, sometimes 20 minutes after starting bittorent, sometimes 1 hour, it depends.

I'm pretty sure the problem is due to the ralink's driver

What can we do?

Thanks,

Pipolas

Hi Pipolas,

I am not sure there's much we can do besides trying out another "officially supported" network card. I am using rev C dongle now and it hasn't crashed yet but I'm sure it will eventually. I am also trying to get my DWL-G520 (Atheros) to work to see if that's more stable :(

-Tom

Hi TomBuntu,

I have an intel 3945abg, so I wait the driver of this network card, and, I hope this driver is going to be released soon.

Maybe Ralinktech is going to release a new driver for our network chipset soon...?

I hope you are going to make your DWL-G520 working.

Nicolas.