Tell us your experience

5 posts in this topic

Dears,

I know most of the Mac x86 hackers in here are perfect in building a compatible Desktop for Mac OS X and I'm also sure many of them are building it as a challenge or for fun.

but I want to hear your experience about using your Hackintosh in real live (Work, School, Studio, Development, Designing, ....) , (using it just if your are using your MacBook for example), what issue do you face, do you think your Hackintosh is 101% :) compatible and working exactly as it should with Apple hardware ?

Also did you manage to build a Hackintosh that it's so perfect that you can even just use the Mac Upgrade menu like if you are in Apple hardware :)

Let us know, we want to here your experience ?

PS: in short message, we want your experence in using Hackintosh not in building a Hackintosh desktop

Thanks

The hackintosh i personally built works GREAT! Mac is actually the fastest running and most stable OS on my desktop right now! (I also have WinXPx64 and Ubuntu HHx64) its power management is great, it can sleep, restart, shutdown quickly and properly. The sound works, video drivers are great! All my programs work except Desktoptopia for some reason :(

But other than that i have CS3 on it and it works, it works flawlessly with iChat and my video camera i have connected by firewire!

It workes great for me becouse everything is working perfectly and i'm dualbooting it with XP i'm using it for my High school and we mostly do IT and tecnical stuff (volvo owned high school) and i use the OSX 75% of the time

The hackintosh i personally built works GREAT! Mac is actually the fastest running and most stable OS on my desktop right now! (I also have WinXPx64 and Ubuntu HHx64) its power management is great, it can sleep, restart, shutdown quickly and properly. The sound works, video drivers are great! All my programs work except Desktoptopia for some reason :thumbsup_anim:

But other than that i have CS3 on it and it works, it works flawlessly with iChat and my video camera i have connected by firewire!

Thanks shavex for your feedback, for how long you have been using it? And is it your primary desktop?

It workes great for me becouse everything is working perfectly and i'm dualbooting it with XP i'm using it for my High school and we mostly do IT and tecnical stuff (volvo owned high school) and i use the OSX 75% of the time

What about the update? Can you use the normal apple update?

The wife handed me a Acer Aspire ONE 150.....

Four hours later it was dual booting XP and MacOSX, it originally came with Linpus Linux, but I stuck a 1GB memory module in it and decided to make it useful for both of us!

It now boots from Windows, and choice of MacOSX in the menu take us to my favorite software Leopard!!!!

Welcome to the family of 7 other "Hacks", number ONE!

SticMAN