Win XP Problems after installing MacOSX (Partition table errors?)

3 posts in this topic

I installed kalyway 10.5.2 and had a few errors with windows xp.

I have my hard drive partition as follows:

Recovery Partition, Mac OSX Partition, Vista, Win XP Pro

At first it kept giving me this error with autochck.exe not being found and then it would goto a BSOD and reboot, and it didnt have a dirty bit set, i used chkntfs /f to disable it. I even ran chkdsk form vista on that partition and through the winXP disc and even tried fixmbr and fixboot. Nothing worked and autochck.exe was in the right spot. I didnt have any other drive programs installed.

I was confused to i did a repair install and it worked.

Now it goes to the windows xp logo after saying it has failed to start and i choose either last known good configuration or start normally.

It loads until the bar goes through once and it goes to a BSOD for about 1/4 of a second.

What could cause this? I have tried a repair install but it didnt do anything after it finished. Is there a booting log i can look at to see where it fails? I can still boot into vista and my hard drive isnt going bad. I havent added any new devicesjust the HFS+ volume. I have my vista partition as my active partition and i boot to mac osx using the chain0 method.

---------->My other 3 day old ignored post on another issue related to this: <----------- http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=131302