Rewire Instalation Problem (please help!)

KoalaRaptor

3 posts in this topic

hello everyone,

I'm running OS 10.5.5 and I was trying to istall the rewire app to get Propellerhead Reason to hook up with Cubase and It keeps giving me the same error, saying that files could not be installed in Library/Application Support... I tried removing the Propellerhead folder from there, and even tried looking at the installer package cntents and moving the files manually in there, but it keeps giving me the same error message. Looking at the installer log gave me this:

Oct 17 16:29:54 macbooks-macbook-2 pkgExtractor[585]: BomFileError 1: Operation not permitted - /Library/Application Support//Propellerhead Software/ReWire/ReWire

Oct 17 16:29:54 macbooks-macbook-2 pkgExtractor[585]: pkgExtractor exited with error 1 while processing package '/Users/macbook/Desktop/ReWire 1.7.pkg/Contents/Archive.pax.gz'

Oct 17 16:29:54 macbooks-macbook-2 Installer[577]: Install failed: The Installer could not install some files in “/Library/Application Support”. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Oct 17 16:29:54 macbooks-macbook-2 Installer[577]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.

Oct 17 16:29:54 macbooks-macbook-2 Installer[577]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer could not install some files in “/Library/Application Support”. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

I don't know anything about this kind of stuff, bt from my limited knowledge, i noticed that there were two forward slashes in the line:

Oct 17 16:29:54 macbooks-macbook-2 pkgExtractor[585]: BomFileError 1: Operation not permitted - /Library/Application Support//Propellerhead Software/ReWire/ReWire

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

i think rewire is gets installed when you install reason? using reason and logic together via rewire, didn't have to install anything special except logic and reason ofcourse. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know... that doesn't seem to be the case... On reason if I got to Options>Sync the rewire option is there but I can't select it. Also, on the built in Output where it says rewire, I cant click it... :)

I just tried it with garageband and it seems to rewire to that jsut fine.... So I guess the problem is perticular to cubase