Can't get osx86 going on Dell Inspiron 1520

Fesker

4 posts in this topic

Heya all!

First I would like to state that I've actually _tried_ (for about 6 hrs) but I ain't getting no progress made. I like to do things by myself and enjoy reading tutorials but it seems like I've come to a dead end here, which is the reason of this post.

I am a newcomer to osx86 and all what's got to do with it. Though I've read a bunch tutorials I think there could be something wrong with my computer setup...

The error:

I'm booting Kalyway v. 10.5.2 and I've tried some different modes (-x, -v, -y, -s, cpus=1 etc.) but everytime i'm getting the same error message:

MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 clusters IO buffer headers
Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

Edit:

Forgot to tell you that this happens about 10-15 seconds after putting in -v or similar into the darwin loader, i.e. I can't even reach installer etc.

Same goes when I try iDeneb v. 1.3

I think you would love some computer spec's, so I've uploaded a HTML extracted from CPU-Z (containing most of the relevant stuff as I've understood)

Thanks in advance,

Fesker

Edit:

Got to the white loading screen with the Apple logo when not selecting any mode w/ iDeneb 1.3. How long is the computer supposed to load? Kept it going for about 15 mins now and nothing seems to happen.

cpuz.htm

Well I researched some and it seems like the I/O APIC is preventing the kernel from running or something like that.

@ mdwmgw:

when I reached the white loading screen I left it on for 8 hours... still nothing happens, will try to wait some hours on the black screen since i never did that. ty anyhow for response