Migrating to new Hard Drive

abscheele

5 posts in this topic

I would like to give you the advise that Norton Ghost often creates corrupt images which do not run without manual modification after the process of cloning finished.

If you want to have an exact copy you could and probably should use Acronis True Image Home 2009 (which is also available in english language).

Even in the Demo version you are able to create a bootable CD, and use it for doing "hot backups".

Regards,

Tobias

I would like to give you the advise that Norton Ghost often creates corrupt images which do not run without manual modification after the process of cloning finished.

If you want to have an exact copy you could and probably should use Acronis True Image Home 2009 (which is also available in english language).

Even in the Demo version you are able to create a bootable CD, and use it for doing "hot backups".

Regards,

Tobias

Based on my experience with Norton Ghost (since version 10), I can tell you that I have never had problems with the created images whatsoever. You also have the option of verifying the integrity of the image file once you have created it.

I use Norton 14 now and it works like a charm. Acronis True Image is also a good program, though.