Need Help Building A Hackintosh PC

7 posts in this topic

Hello :)

Im going to list my specs first which are as follows:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4ghz) Socket 775 FSB1066 4MB Cache

2 X OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 (4GB Total)

Western Digital WD2500KS 250GB 7200RPM SATAII/300 16MB Cache Hard Drive - OEM

MSI P35 Neo-F Socket 775 FSB1333 onboard 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard

Hiper 580W Type-M Black PSU - SLI Certified with APFC

Creative X-FI Xtreme Audio

ATI HD3870 XT 512MB

That’s basically my pc as it stands now. I wish to convert to hackintosh as i just got a Macbook and I love it :). I tried "kalyway_leo_10.5.1.iso" with and without boot up commands and came up with cannot find root device. Myself I think it’s a problem with the motherboard or hard drive not being supported. But I am completely new to hackintosh so I don’t have a clue at all. I am willing to spend money on new parts etc to improve or to make it work.

So whats wrong?

What do i need to buy?

Please help :) Thanks ritch

I can't solve your problem, as I'm still trying to figure out the perfect parts to build a Hackintosh with...

However, I think your question may be in the wrong section. Re-post it in the installation help section.

The only other advice I can solicit is look at your motherboard and install medium. I see all the same components being used except the mobo, see working example here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry883119

The same user did his install running a retail OSX DVD.

Hello :D

Im going to list my specs first which are as follows:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4ghz) Socket 775 FSB1066 4MB Cache

2 X OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 (4GB Total)

Western Digital WD2500KS 250GB 7200RPM SATAII/300 16MB Cache Hard Drive - OEM

MSI P35 Neo-F Socket 775 FSB1333 onboard 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard

Hiper 580W Type-M Black PSU - SLI Certified with APFC

Creative X-FI Xtreme Audio

ATI HD3870 XT 512MB

That's basically my pc as it stands now. I wish to convert to hackintosh as i just got a Macbook and I love it :D . I tried "kalyway_leo_10.5.1.iso" with and without boot up commands and came up with cannot find root device. Myself I think it's a problem with the motherboard or hard drive not being supported. But I am completely new to hackintosh so I don't have a clue at all. I am willing to spend money on new parts etc to improve or to make it work.

So whats wrong?

What do i need to buy?

Please help :D Thanks ritch

Not to be rude, but this is not the place to look for the info you seek. There is a thread in this forum about Osx86 issues. With your hardware you shouldn't have any more trouble that I had to have it work, and I have AMD.

Try another distro for starters. Get iDeneb 10.5.4, it worked fine for me.

• 1 month later...

Hello

I'm posting to let you know that I've documented my extremely successful hackintosh installation, on a new blog of my own.

I'm also moving forward and adding a lot of other interesting stuff and fixes along the way, so I hope you find my blog interesting.

Keep up the good job guys! Macs deserve a chance in this Windows infested world.

Blog: http://warp101.blogspot.com