Would like to watch TV on OS X

14 posts in this topic

Have any of you been able to buy a TV tuner that will work both under OS X and Windows Vista? I tried to Google around but the answers I came up with were from people who 'thought' a few USB devices 'might' work. Figured I would ask here and see if anyone has any first hand experience. Of course, I am not looking for a PCI or Express card, rather a USB 2.0 one would be nice. ^_^

I love my HDHomerun dual ATSC network tuner. It's expensive, but worth every penny. No setup or driver issues, works with just about everything, and if you have several computers in one house, it's as if you put tuners in all of them.

When you guy say Hauppage, which model are we looking at? If I were to get Tube Stick, what would I need if EyeTV does not work? Oh and is that HDHomerun any different than Sony's LocationFree?

Thank you very much for all the advice. If I can get an exact model for the Win-TV I would like to compare it to the Tube Stick. I am currently using an old Win-TV GO (PCI) card that I love to death - but it is getting a little long in the tooth.

:)

Thank you for all of your help. :)

I do have one final question however. I noticed that the 950 has two versions. One (White) that clearly says it is compatible for both PC and Mac, another (Black) that makes no mention of Mac. I believe the difference is that the white one comes bundled with a free version of EyeTV while the other does not.

White - Black

Would it be possible to buy the Black one and use it on a Mac? The White one comes with a 'lite' version of EyeTV, so I think I am going to have to buy the full version anyway. May as well save some cash buying the Black one if possible.

Would it be possible to buy the Black one and use it on a Mac? The White one comes with a 'lite' version of EyeTV, so I think I am going to have to buy the full version anyway. May as well save some cash buying the Black one if possible.

mine is black and was made for windows only :blink: