Photo Booth crashes after doing a video?

xghost

3 posts in this topic

Hi there,

recently I installed macam to make my noname Webcam work on my hackintosh. I played around with photobooth a bit and noticed that it always crashes at one specific point.

When I record a video (or more, doesn't matter) and watch it and then do another video, or try to watch another recorded video photobooth crashes. If I'm lucky the dialogue appears where one can restart the program, if not the whole system crashes, and I can't do anything. Mouse cursor and music playback still working though, but I cant click anything, and none of the apps would react.

Has anyone else this problem?

The strange thing is when I watch a video, then restart it, I can watch another video without crash.

So summed up Photobooth crashes after watching a video, when I try to watch another one.

Any help appreciated.

BTW my Webcam is a Labtec and fully supported by macam, and I used iChatUSBCam to make it work in iChat and Photobooth.

I have had a hell of a time with video crashing in FCP, Quicktime you name it. It stopped after I enabled Quartz GL in the OSX86 Tools software. Everything is running smooth now, no video crashing. Try it, maybe it'll help.

Later,

J