GeForce 6600GT Quartz Extreme Not Working

LonelyTV

14 posts in this topic

I made the plunge and reformatted Os X86 to a retail version using the Boot-132 method. I then followed MACinized's tutorial on how to make a Boot-132 Chameleon partition to boot from. Anyways, after hours of headaches I got it up and running however I don't have Quartz Extreme on my graphics card. I was told to use EFI Strings since 10.5.5 had new Nvidia kexts and the old injectors weren't working. I used several tools to get my HEX code, EFI Studio never gave me the correct one and PC Wiz's OSX86Tool gave me the same one the GFXutil did so I assumed that was correct. When I rebooted into Os X after adding them to my com.apple.boot.plist I was happy top see max resolution but at the cost of Quartz Extreme.

Has anyone with a GeForce 6600GT 128MB PCI-e card had any luck getting quartz extreme to work on 10.5.5 by using EFI strings? Or does anyone have any ideas about how to go about getting it to work?

Thanks!

• 6 months later...
<br />I made the plunge and reformatted Os X86 to a retail version using the Boot-132 method. I then followed MACinized's tutorial on how to make a Boot-132 Chameleon partition to boot from. Anyways, after hours of headaches I got it up and running however I don't have Quartz Extreme on my graphics card. I was told to use EFI Strings since 10.5.5 had new Nvidia kexts and the old injectors weren't working. I used several tools to get my HEX code, EFI Studio never gave me the correct one and PC Wiz's OSX86Tool gave me the same one the GFXutil did so I assumed that was correct. When I rebooted into Os X after adding them to my com.apple.boot.plist I was happy top see max resolution but at the cost of Quartz Extreme. <br /><br />Has anyone with a GeForce 6600GT 128MB PCI-e card had any luck getting quartz extreme to work on 10.5.5 by using EFI strings? Or does anyone have any ideas about how to go about getting it to work?<br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

I'm in the same boat...any thoughts?

hopefully it helps someone out there, but I finally figured it out.

1. Don't use EFI strings

2. Don't use NVinjector 0.2.x

3. Do use natit and update the PCI section of the plist file in the natit.kext to reflect your hardware id.

4. Use OSX86Tools to install the modified natit kext and also clear the extensions cache.

5. Reboot...works!!! QE/CI good to go!

• 2 weeks later...

try Titan kexts using iATKOS_v5i. I have successfully installed FX5200, FX5500, 6600GT 128mb AGP version using Titan kexts.

For 6600GT, after CI/QE is activated, you will see a translucent toolbar on the top.

However, for 7600GT AGP, titan will not work and I installed using NVinject in iDeneb v1.4.

1. Don't use EFI strings

3. Do use natit and update the PCI section of the plist file in the natit.kext to reflect your hardware id.

4. Use OSX86Tools to install the modified natit kext and also clear the extensions cache.

I have a similar problem.

I updated to 10.5.7 ideneb and my Iweb09 or VLC is not displaying the content (but it's reading it)

the info geforce8600GT512Mo board (hardware content) indicates that i'm using NVinject0,1,3

but says that VRAM total is 768Mb :S

quartz extreme is not supported

quartzGL supported.

I'm using double display (one CRT ,one LCD)

I read to enable quartz these post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...64656&st=20

but i don't have that com.apple.windowserver file on my Mac?? is there something wrong

what could i do to properly install the graphic card?

maybe someone can light my candle

thx

I made the plunge and reformatted Os X86 to a retail version using the Boot-132 method. I then followed MACinized's tutorial on how to make a Boot-132 Chameleon partition to boot from. Anyways, after hours of headaches I got it up and running however I don't have Quartz Extreme on my graphics card. I was told to use EFI Strings since 10.5.5 had new Nvidia kexts and the old injectors weren't working. I used several tools to get my HEX code, EFI Studio never gave me the correct one and PC Wiz's OSX86Tool gave me the same one the GFXutil did so I assumed that was correct. When I rebooted into Os X after adding them to my com.apple.boot.plist I was happy top see max resolution but at the cost of Quartz Extreme.

Has anyone with a GeForce 6600GT 128MB PCI-e card had any luck getting quartz extreme to work on 10.5.5 by using EFI strings? Or does anyone have any ideas about how to go about getting it to work?

Thanks!

I had issue with my Nvidia 8600GT 512Mo

on 10.5.7 ideneb (no iweb display, neither VLC video player)

i just reinstalled the drivers here:9f23 Intel/ATI/Nvidia/OpenGL installer (fixed)

http://www.fileqube.com/shared/kIJhBN99908

it might work for you

M

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

;)

1. Don't use EFI strings

Thanks a LOT jgdiablo!!!

I was getting crazy, I had tried almost everything and I couldn't enable my 6200 agp to work with CI/QE, and following your advice it worked in the first try!!!

thanks a lot, that was the last piece missing in my perfect vanilla instal

:pirate2:

and, if you can answer me, I use a vanilla install but I boot using munky's logic and the EFI partition but with chameleon 2RC bootloader, I thought the best option would be to use a .plist file with all devices and generate an EFI string, why that doesn't work to enable QE/CI ?

thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
I had issue with my Nvidia 8600GT 512Mo

on 10.5.7 ideneb (no iweb display, neither VLC video player)

i just reinstalled the drivers here:9f23 Intel/ATI/Nvidia/OpenGL installer (fixed)

http://www.fileqube.com/shared/kIJhBN99908

it might work for you

M

Hmm..

Maybe this will fix my "8600M GS 256MB" ?

Can you post the file? Links doesn´t work... (can´t download)

• 6 months later...

1. Don't use EFI strings

where exactly do i get my hardware id from?

• 7 months later...

jgdiablo's advice REALLY WORKS! Installed with evga geforce 6600 256, and am now watching dvd's and adjusting resolutions! Instructions a little vague, tho. "modified natit kext" kinda hard to track down. I got it here- http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33007 it's the second one, the natit_kext_edited one. installed with osx86 tools, rebooted, and have graphics joy.