iPod Touch Remote

KibosJ

8 posts in this topic

I just installed 10.5.5 iDeneb and everything works great, but I can't get iTunes to detect my iPod touch with the remote.

It picks up the iPod when I plug it in, but when I start the remote app on the iPod and try to add new Library, iTunes does nothing at all.

I think it might have something to do with me using an ethernet converter (I use an ethernet cable to my PC and the ethernet device connects to the WiFi)

This works in Windows though :S.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks, James

Yeah it is up-to-date. 1.1 is installed.

Thanks for the reply too :)

Could it be because I am using an ethernet converter and Mac OS just doesn't like it?

Like I said though, it works fine in Windows.

I had some flakiness with my itunes and ipod remote connecting, but it seemed to fix itself with time, i.e., rebooting, relaunching, etc., but I haven't been able to upgrade to 10.5.5 so far either so that could be the problem, of course. I'm guessing you've updated to itunes 8.0.1 too. On my Gateway, the smart playlists still crash itunes, yet on my older Dell D600 laptop 8.0.1 does not have that problem. That's a frustrating problem, as the remote ipod for itunes adds a luxury second to none, esp when you have airtunes speakers setup around your home, and can access different speaker systems as you move around.

I didn't try it when I had 10.5.4 and didn't try it before I updated to 8.0.1 :/ Damn.

I'd really like this to work though. No amount of trying again, closing iTunes, rebooting helps me ;)

Any ideas? I don't have a working WiFi device to see if it is the Ethernet converter either.

Great, you can test some out for us, haha! Actually I read about people using them, but didn't pay attention because my internal one works ok on the laptop. I guess one with the Broadcomm chipset would work, or Realtek. Maybe Dlink, but I'm not sure. Try a search and let us know how it works out for you.