Updating causes PCGenUSBEHCI problems

Johnny Five

4 posts in this topic

Comp: XPS 420 (Intel C2Q)

Kaly 10.5.2 installs fine. Using netkas method I can install the 10.5.5 Combo update. However, upon reboot I get the following yellow error messages: (I also get this same error when trying the Kaly 10.5.3 combo update)

Class "AppleEHCIedMemoryBlock" is duplicate

Duplicate class

kmod_control/start failed for com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI; destroying kmod

Failed to load extension com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI.

Then it sits at "Waiting for..."

I have a backup of my 10.5.2 extensions, just not sure which one might need to be replaced, or which steps need to happen afterwards (permissions? some secret command?)

which mobo are u using?

i am having the exact same problem after updating from kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.5. then i replaced the appleSMBIOS.kext from my backup using kalyway dvd in the terminal. still the problem is not resolved.

my system config is my signature

Redalert, I did get this fixed. Two ways, actually.

First I found the file "IOUSBFamily-315.4.1c" from one of these threads. I can't remember which one, but searching for that will probably get you what you need. Follow the instructions and it will get fixed.

Second, I was having the "still waiting for root..." etc problem after updating to 10.5.5, and ended up having to replace some KEXTs along with the IOUSBFamily kexts again, and that fixed it (once again). This second set of KEXTs was for AHCI support. Hope this helps!

thank you Johnny Five.

going through the list in the extensions folder i figured it myself what the other file could be for 'still waiting for root' issue. i happened to replace few other files too before i finally zeroed in on IOATAFamily.kext and now am able to boot into leo again.