http://menoob.com/2008/09/04/hackintosh-in...il-dvd-on-a-pc/

Hardware:

Gigabyte ep45-ds3r motherboard

Intel Core Quad q9400

Corsairs XMS2 DDR2 1066 ram

Seagate 500gb sata hd

LG DVD Burner sata

Geforce 8600gt 256mb

Leopard installs ok and then i run the combo updater following the instructions no problem. boots into 10.5.5 and does all updates fine. When i try to install my kensington mouseworks driver or little snitch, the machine won't boot after, hangs at hte apple logo, do i need to do a special step after installing something that adds to the extensions folder? If i boot into my recovery partition and delete the item from the extensions folder, it boots fine.

odd I am using ideneb updated to 10.5.5 mouseworks works fine. Well as well as any driver can run that hasn't been updated for a long time. Little Snitch runs well too. after the last software update you repaired premmisions?

the only I have that I know does not work is Hotline and that stopped working for me 3 updates back. If anyone knows of a cure for that let me know

ok, update:

did a fresh install + combo update + audio etc and boot.

Installed mouseworks, rebooted, same issue, no boot

removed mouseworks driver from the extensions folder, booted, used osx86 tools to install kext, rebooted. works fine. Any reason for this? what does ox86 tools do when it places the kext in there?

update 2, the temporary solution, someone must know how to solve this, i'd even settle for a shutdown or restart script.

installed little snitch, didn't reboot when it asked. moved the little snitch extension out, then installed it with osx86 tools. rebooted, works perfect. hmm

ok been working on this all day, with little snitch and the mouseworks driver installed, it wil hang on every reboot UNLESS i delete system/library/extensions/cache/com.apple.kext.info every time i boot up. for now my fix is a startup script, but i'd like to know why...

permissions fix doesn't make a difference