Several things Broken after 10.5.5 upgrade

LonelyTV

3 posts in this topic

I currently re-installed Os X86 using the Boot-132 method. Everything was fine until I upgraded to 10.5.5 (from 10.5), since the upgrade my GeForce 6600gt has lost QE/CI and my System Profiler no longer wants to display my system information when the 'Hardware' tab is selected. Does anyone know a possible reason as to why one or both of these things have broken?

Recap, 10.5 everything worked and in 10.5.5 QE/CI is gone along with System Profile's "hardware" information.

I'm currently running this on:

Abit IP35-Pro

Intel C2D e8400

GeForce 6600GT 128MB PCIe

Thanks!

I currently re-installed Os X86 using the Boot-132 method. Everything was fine until I upgraded to 10.5.5 (from 10.5), since the upgrade my GeForce 6600gt has lost QE/CI and my System Profiler no longer wants to display my system information when the 'Hardware' tab is selected. Does anyone know a possible reason as to why one or both of these things have broken?

Recap, 10.5 everything worked and in 10.5.5 QE/CI is gone along with System Profile's "hardware" information.

I'm currently running this on:

Abit IP35-Pro

Intel C2D e8400

GeForce 6600GT 128MB PCIe

Thanks!

are you using efi strings for graphics?

because the newer graphics drivers don't work with the injectors, only efi strings

you need applesmbios enabler in your extentionss or boot123 extra folder to get applesmbios to get the profiler working

are you using efi strings for graphics?

because the newer graphics drivers don't work with the injectors, only efi strings

you need applesmbios enabler in your extentionss or boot123 extra folder to get applesmbios to get the profiler working

No, I'm not using EFI strings that is more than likely the issue then. I've read about them and saw a few tutorials but I'm unsure how I would use them in a Boot-132 environment. I know you apply the strings to the com.apple.boot plist in systempreferences folder, so would I just edit the default Apple one on the Leopard install or can I pass one through the boot-132 method?

As for the Applesmbios enabler, I saw one inside the extensions folder from the generic.iso. Could there br another one that I need for 10.5.5?

Thanks!