Gurus: Upgrading from 10.5.1 to 10.5.5

rawmassen

7 posts in this topic

Check out this link: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...s#Update_Guides. I think this is the one you need. Anyway, make sure you follow it well. For some reason though (I posted a thread on this a few hours ago), whenever I upgrade following these tutorials, I get a kernel stack error. I think it is because I am using VMWare... There's gotta be a way to use it on VMWare though!

what flavor of leopard are you running, Kalyway?, iatkos?, ? it might make a difference on how you should proceed

Neither, and it was so long ago I installed it all I can't remember the source. The first one released (all manual), and also running EFI.

Thanks for the link V.

1. Update to 10.5.2 -> use Kalyway 10.5.2 Combo Update

2. Update to 10.5.3 -> use JaS 10.5.3 Combo Update

3. Update to 10.5.4 -> Apple 10.5.4 Update (not the combo one). Use guide available in this forum to install it.

4. Update to 10.5.5 -> Apple 10.5.5 Update (not the combo one) similar to sr. 4.

Hello guys,

i need your help because i'm using 10.5.2 kalyway and all works fine but i want update to the most recent version of leopard.

I already tried it once installing 10.5.3 update combo but after that my kernel was always failing when open VLC to play a movie or at Google Earth once it opens.

And after instaling it i lost my ability to shutdown and restart because i shutdown and the fans and leds still working.

My CPU is a Intel Q6600.

Can some one give me a link to a tutorial or say me what packages should i install

MacNutty can you please post the link for the guide.. i searched but i was not able to find it