Dark messiah with Cider and font issue

loppa

10 posts in this topic

• 3 months later...

Hi ,

I'am trying to port the same game as you actually but I didn't succeed in porting this . Some people had the same problem as you with the fonts in Half life 2... maybe if you google it, you may find something. After all DM and hl2 are not so different.

Can you help me to port this game ? I would be pleased if you could send me your .app .

Hi ,

I'am trying to port the same game as you actually but I didn't succeed in porting this . Some people had the same problem as you with the fonts in Half life 2... maybe if you google it, you may find something. After all DM and hl2 are not so different.

Can you help me to port this game ? I would be pleased if you could send me your .app .

I just finished porting the game along with The Ship and Sin Episodes - I have fixed all the fonts and managed to get rid of some instabilties and now the game runs perfect, except for the fact that the cutscene videos won't show up and had to be deactivated because they use a DirectX 90c shader which Cider can't handle - I can hear the sound but the screen is just black with a white quare - too bad since the videos contain major story elements...

I am currently fiddling with Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, but the game is extremely buggy and crashes every time I try to load a new game - seems like many windows gamers are suffering from this issue too...

I will try a rip from the steam release of Vampire next, maybe I have more luck with that than with the retail CD version....

I just finished porting the game along with The Ship and Sin Episodes - I have fixed all the fonts and managed to get rid of some instabilties and now the game runs perfect, except for the fact that the cutscene videos won't show up and had to be deactivated because they use a DirectX 90c shader which Cider can't handle - I can hear the sound but the screen is just black with a white quare - too bad since the videos contain major story elements...

I am currently fiddling with Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, but the game is extremely buggy and crashes every time I try to load a new game - seems like many windows gamers are suffering from this issue too...

I will try a rip from the steam release of Vampire next, maybe I have more luck with that than with the retail CD version....

I just get bored trying to port myself this game . Could you share your .app,please even if the video won't show up? wish you more luck than me with Vampire !

I just get bored trying to port myself this game . Could you share your .app,please even if the video won't show up? wish you more luck than me with Vampire !

I could, but it's not just the Wrapper that made it work correctly - you need to update the game to 1.2 then apply a crack for v1.2 (not all cracks work!) - then you have to extract some res files from the games gcf archives with GCFScape and manually edit the extracted scheme.res files to fix the fonts - then you have to rebuild the included TrueType fonts to fix the white squares - throw away DMb.ttf because it makes the game crash at certain points - and tweak and lock the game's config.cfg file to avoid graphics bugs and optimize performance.

the whole thing took me almost 3 days , but I'm going to share my port with you soon enough. Send me a pm if you're interested...

EDIT: I just got Vampire Bloodlines fully working - the Steam rip did the job :D

hi,

To fix the fonts the easiest way is to replace the folders .ttf u will find at /mm/ressourves by other from ur computer. I just take Arial.ttf and duplicate four times with those names : DM.tff, DMi.ttf, DMz.tff ,DMb.ttf .I think u can take what ever font u want, just verifie the characters.

But i have a other problem i didn't success to solve . When i finish the Prologue , my mac freeze during the loading of the first chapter. I have to reset. Its may be because i took the first version of dark messiah. I will try to upgrade to the 1.2 as u said. (to lazy to install and upgrade on a windows, :P )