7600GS AGP on 10.5.5

bryan51

3 posts in this topic

My mobo is an Asus P4P800 with a P4 3Ghz Intel CPU. .... yes this is old hardware and leopard is definitely slow on it.

First off I had this working with Kalyway 10.5.2 and QC/I all enabled.

I've had a heck of a time even installing iDeneb 10.5.5 and had given up till iTakos 10.5.4 came out which I got installed but without Video working right in it too.

Through trial and error I found that if I installed 10.5.5 with AC97, 9.4 Modbin kernel, Skge Marvelm, ICH fix and no Video options installed that if I then deleted all the Nvidia kexts after the install that it will boot up with everything working but Video in VGA which kinda sucks on my 1650x1050 wide screen LCD.

I've tried the 9f23 with/out EFIStudio, NVKush but it won't even boot with those kexts. I haven't tried editing them as in the past. Everyone seems to be saying that won't work. But its apparent that something in these kexts is where the problem is.

So ... anyone got ideas. Using the Graphics Mode in the boot plist I have the 1024 and 1280 resolutions to choose from the wide screen modes don't work. I prolly don't even care that much about the Q/I part if I could just enable the wide screen some how?

WAHOO........

found a solution:

Chipset Model: 7600GS AGP

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x02e1

Revision ID: 0x00a2

Displays:

L206WTQ:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported * .. maybe later

Rotation: Supported

If your starting from scratch:

1. Install iDeneb 10.5.5 and remove all Ge*.kexts and NV*.kexts and reboot.

2. Install the 9f23 drivers and then remove them to a backup place but leave a copy of Geforce.kext , NVDANV40Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext

3. Install NVKush and you should get the same results as I did

Files:

NVKUSH: http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/ (its flash site)

9f23: nvinstaller.com

• 2 weeks later...