eee pc 700 with osx 1.4?

Wman

4 posts in this topic

I am a being mac user, but I've always wanted an ultra-portable mac (not the insanely expensive, but insanely beautiful macbook air, though). It doesn't have to do anything other than browse the internet and maybe word process, so no power. I want it to be cheap and small, so only 700 (and maybe 900, but I know how to do that and I don't really want to spend the extra couple hundred dollars). I also find the eeepc to be the most mac-like UPC, the other ones all look like normal craptops. I may even mod a glowing apple into the back.

Anyways, has anyone done this? Does anyone know how to do this? And I can't loose wi-fi as it will be the primary purpose of the notebook. I want it for note taking and research in school and I can't afford a good 3g plan, so I'll use my school

s wi-fi as much as I can. Please help me out. You can email me at jzip1994isapotato AT HOTMAIL DOT COM. (yah dumb email (I made it when I was eight aznd haven't been able to change it since)

-thx for any help

-Wman :blink:

I want something really cheap and really small... It doesn't need much power. It needs to be able to word process and access the internet. No I want eee pc. Just tell me how I can do that, not what I should do please. :P

It is possible to run OS 10.4 on an EEE 700/900, but there are a lot of major problems which haven't been fixed yet. I.e. you won't have any sound, no LAN and WiFi just if you mount a Dell wireless card. Additionally there's some timinig issue in OS 10.4 which makes it quite slow running on the Intel Centrino. So what aniphreak wanted to say is that you should really get a so called netbook with an Atom CPU, not because of more power but because of compatibility.

I'd recommend a MSI Wind which is said ro run OS X like a charm.

You might want check out this website befor making a decision: http://eeepc-osx.wikispaces.com/

Bastian