Perfect working for Lenovo T61 OS X 10.5.2 Kalyway

Jackal82

31 posts in this topic

DNYC,

Can you help me with where I can find that same upgrade you D/L?

I have the wackiest situation with my T61 (7661-A12). I can get the sound to work and then the next reboot it's gone. SO I kext install the Appleazaliaaudio.kext and AzaliaTurboTP1984.kext's. Reboot and I got the Speaker ICON but no sound. So I delete the Appleazaliaaudio.kext and reboot and I have sound!. WONDERFUL. Then reboot and the Sound and Icon are Gone again!.

WTF!

Maybe if I can just update to 10.5.8 I'll have better luck!

THanks man!

B.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything works on my laptop! i got the 7658-CTO

I'm a beginner to this and wanted to share some steps to those who might need steps:

1.Make sure you customize your OSX install and install the Intel X3100 Drivers otherwise the screen might not show up when you first load (you get a black / blank screen).

2. The wireless "light" doesn't turn on but works functionally fine; if the AirPort says your wireless is on, it is on. Just follow the OP (original poster) instructions and edit the file and then use kextload on the driver.

3. Sound drivers, after copying to extentions folder, must be installed correctly using:

chmod -R 755 xxxx.kext

chown -R root:wheel xxxx.kext

kextload xxxx.kext

4. I needed to fix my USB and this thread helped a lot, props to him also:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=95789

5. the LeopardGraphicsUpdate you can search for on apple's website this improves the graphics speed a bit and makes my OSX faster.

Other stuff:

I had a bad experience when using "Display" in the System Preferences.... i would not enter this application since the display might turn black and you'd be stuck with a blank screen the entire time... Maybe someone knows how to fix this? (i just ended up reinstalling)

• 2 weeks later...
Never mind. I got 10.5.8 installed . Only issue is my wireless is not detected. I even added the 168c,1014 and it still doesnt' show up.

see the top of the thread.....

wireless :

sudo nano System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros.kext/Contents/Info.plist Add: <string>pci168c,1014</string>

I've also found that pci168c,1014 will lock up/hang my pc (causing me to hard restart)... this is an apple know problem with atheros driver... What I have found in doing some research.... Add this string to for a little more stability

wireless :

sudo nano System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros.kext/Contents/Info.plist Add: <string>pci168c,13</string>

• 1 month later...

I have a Thinkpad T61with the NVidia NVS 140m.

I know I might not have the NVidia full support but I'll take what I can at this point. 1400x1050 resolution to begin with would be NICE.

Which would be the OSX / OSX86 Distro / Hack / Retail / Variant I should go for to install on this Thinkpad T61.

PATH OF LEAST EFFORT, LEAST RESISTANCE?

• 4 weeks later...