I need your help, booting up Leo4allv4.1

Clownassasin24

14 posts in this topic

i think you need to try a different video kext option instead of using nvkush uses the other nvidia option

but thats just my 2 cents plus im a noobish person so maybe im wrong but i have done over 15 clean installs in the last month and a half with this disc ;)

OK, im tryin a new install without the kush video driver thing, hopefully it will work, lol

ok so i installed without the kush and it got rid of my error message( YAY!) and now it starts playing the video(welcome video) you can hear the sound, but im still stuck at the gray screen with the apple logo on it) can anyone help me out? and if it helps out, the little spinning wheel stops when the video starts( i cant see the video, but i can hear it)

OMG OMG OMG OMG! ok i know im double posting, but im sorry

but i was able to fix the problem above and now Im so close to achieveing Leopard right now

ok heres my new problem, when the welcome video starts playing, i can hear it play through my speakers, but the problem is that i cant see the video and im stuck at the gray screen with the grey apple, and if it helps the little spinning wheel at the bottom has stopped moving and is stuck

HELP! i am so close to achieving leeopard

Go to System Preferences>Network and post what is there, you should have an ethernet option on the list on the side.... and if there is, then for 'configure', try 'using DHCP' ..... cause every other option doesnt work for me

Go to System Preferences>Network and post what is there, you should have an ethernet option on the list on the side.... and if there is, then for 'configure', try 'using DHCP' ..... cause every other option doesnt work for me

OK, it says that the ethernet cable is connected ( but it is!) and i cant get anything, when i try going to assist me, it wont let me pick anything for the way i connect to the internet( all the choices are blocked out and un-checkable, and the only one that is checked is the one with the telephone cable option, and then when i go to airport, i try to turn it on but it wont turn on?! Help anybody please, im seriously desperate, my moms starting to get pissed that i keep using her pc

OK, it says that the ethernet cable is connected ( but it is!) and i cant get anything, when i try going to assist me, it wont let me pick anything for the way i connect to the internet( all the choices are blocked out and un-checkable, and the only one that is checked is the one with the telephone cable option, and then when i go to airport, i try to turn it on but it wont turn on?! Help anybody please, im seriously desperate, my moms starting to get pissed that i keep using her pc

Are you using an nForce chipset MOBO.....? Intel or AMD CPU.....? How much onboard RAM.....? What is the chipset of the MOBO onboard LAN....? If I know this I may be able to point you in the right direction...... :unsure:

Are you using an nForce chipset MOBO.....? Intel or AMD CPU.....? How much onboard RAM.....? What is the chipset of the MOBO onboard LAN....? If I know this I may be able to point you in the right direction...... :unsure:

thats the thing lol, i keep searching for what type of network chip my computer uses but i cant find it, well my computer is a dell inspiron 531, with AMD 64 Athlon X2 3800+, 250GB HardDrive, 2GB of DDR2 RAM,10/100 LAN<-that i just found, is that any useful?

thats the thing lol, i keep searching for what type of network chip my computer uses but i cant find it, well my computer is a dell inspiron 531, with AMD 64 Athlon X2 3800+, 250GB HardDrive, 2GB of DDR2 RAM,10/100 LAN<-that i just found, is that any useful?

According to Wikipedia......

The Inspiron 531 is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 based desktop for low to medium budget brackets. The advanced version (of the same name) is the same in appearance (same case), however it has upgraded features (larger hard drive, better processor, etc).

The Inspiron 531 uses a ASUS M2N61-AX motherboard that is specifically designed for Dell machines. It uses an nVidia nForce 4 chipset with an on-board video card. It also has on-board sound (Realtek HD or AC-97) and an on-board gigabit NIC. It has one PCIe x16, One PCIe x1, and two PCI card slots. It has four DIMM memory slots, and four SATA connectors. The 531 motherboard does not support PATA or IDE drives without the use of a third-party controller.

The 531 also comes with a 300 watt ATX power supply, and one 92mm exhaust fan. There is also another fan placed above the CPU that is approximately the same size.

So you do have an nForce 4 chipset MOBO........so for Ethernet/internet suggest you try Eno's nForceLAN kext or Planetbeing's nForce 4 LAN kext......let me know if they do work for you...... :unsure:

Thanks, but how do install the kext?

lol

As regards installing a network driver kext (if required post-OS X install), you can use, for example, Kext Helper b7......or OSx86Tools...... :)

• 10 months later...