Intel GMA X3100

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x0000c

Dell 1395 Wifi - Working

Marvell 88e8040 Ethernet - Not working

Synaptic Touchpad - Working, even have two finger scroll

Card Reader - Not working

I've got Kalyway 10.5.2 installed with vanilla kernel. I'm using the Leopard Update drivers and a custom Natit I got from one of the many threads I've been going blind looking thru. I've got full CI/QE but only if I use SwitchResX at 1680X1000@63Hz My native resolution is actually 1680X1050, so it's not all the way there. Also, with this config, even tho I have full QE/CI under my dock I have some garbled image and then another mac menu bar.

What I'm wondering is if anyone else has the same model Dell as me with the same device ID and revision ID as me. And if so, what you did to get rid of the extra mac menu and garbled image stuff below the dock?

I have exactly the same laptop with the same revision.

I install iDeneb 10.5.4 with vanilla kernel.

Graphics driver from stock except of AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext. It must be version 1.5.18 to work. There are some other threads in forum about the solution.

My graphics is perfect.

But. My native resolution is 1440x900. I check it under Windows.

SD reader never works because is it PCIe. MacOSX has no such driver. Only for USB reader.

Marvell 88E8040 doesn't work at the moment. As a programmer I am trying to create a new driver.

How can you get Touchpad working with SCROLL? I have no find appropriate driver.

Thank for information about 2fingerScrool.

About Graphics read

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...1784&st=420

Breifly:

I must download FB v.1.5.18

First delete v1.5.2x

Enter desktop.

Set in system preferencies that left corner is sleep corner. Yes!!!

Install 1.5.18

reboot into black screen.

Move your mouse to left corner until screen is switch on.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Graphics driver from stock except of AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext. It must be version 1.5.18 to work. There are some other threads in forum about the solution.

My graphics is perfect.

SD reader never works because is it PCIe. MacOSX has no such driver. Only for USB reader.

Marvell 88E8040 doesn't work at the moment. As a programmer I am trying to create a new driver.

How can you get Touchpad working with SCROLL? I have no find appropriate driver.

"Marvell 88E8040 doesn't work at the moment. As a programmer I am trying to create a new driver."

When to wait approximately?

• 1 month later...

I'm still stuck where I was two months ago. I am using 1.5.18, at least, I think so. When I open the Info.plist in text edit, it says AppleIntelGMAX3100FB 1.5.18.7 Is that the same thing, or does that .7 at the end mean that it's a different version?

• 4 weeks later...

My graphics is perfect.

Not to bring this back from the dead, but just incase you didn't hear about it, the SD reader now works using the Dell post installer. It works great on the Inspiron 1525. All praise the dell post installer.

• 7 months later...

iPC OSX86 10.5.6 worked the best for me . I followed the instructions here http://antyalias.wordpress.com/2009/05/27/...-inspiron-1525/ and got it to update to 10.5.8 :) check it out on you tube Called (me and my dell) by rcdace11 also show my acer aspire one 150 running OS X010.5.7. :) for the acer i used this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=149173 i hope it all works out for you guys....