GF 8600GT 256mb iDeneb 10.5.5 Quartz Extreme not supported

Kotovv

9 posts in this topic

Please help i'm tryed to install EFI studio, NVDarwin drivers, 9f23 but Quartz Extreme not supported! What i need to do? Please Help me!

Before i used 10.5.3 Leo and all worked normaly !

nVidia GeForce 8600 GT:

Модель набора микросхем: nVidia GeForce 8600 GT

Тип: Монитор

Шина: PCIe

Ширина полосы PCIe: x16

VRAM-память (всего): 256 МБ

Производитель: NVIDIA (0x10de)

ID устройства: 0x0402

Ревизия: 0x00a1

Ревизия ROM: nVidia GeForce 8600 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Мониторы:

SyncMaster:

Разрешение: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Гц

Глубина цвета: 32-бит, цвет

Образ Core: ПО

Основной монитор: Да

Синхронизация: Выкл.

Онлайн: Да

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Поддерживается

Подключение дисплея:

Статус: Монитор не подключен

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had great success getting my 8600 GT 512mb to have Quark Extreme, etc. with iDeneb 10.5.5--

http://scottdangel.com/blog/?p=30

Used efiStudio. Had tried nvinstaller .52, and it showed the correct device ID, etc. but no Quark Extreme. Previously had it under 10.5.3, but with 10.5.5, it was gone. Thanks to efiStudio, it's back, baby!

nVidia GeForce 8600 GT:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 8600 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0402

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: nVidia GeForce 8600 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

VGA Display:

Resolution: 1400 x 1050 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

emotional friend

My QE on GeForce 6800GS (0x00c010de) was working fine in 10.5.3. Installed 10.5.5 ATiKOS v5i with NVinject 0.2.1 - 512mb. Mod'd PCIDevice entries in GeForce.kext, my card specific NVDANV and the NVDAResman files. Mod'd NVinject as per guide on their forums ie ProbeScore to 0 and added DeviceID without mask (I already had it with the 0x0000ffff mask, left it there too) but still no QE support.

Discovered that the key to the solution if you want to use NV-type injector, was to remove all Ge* and NV* files from base install and boot using standard apple drivers, then most IMPORTANTLY install the Leo 10.5.5 9f23 graphics update. Remodd'd all necessary kext mentioned above with my PCIdevice ID for card with mask.., also decided to use NVdarwin injector as per the instructions NVinject forum guide re ProbeScore and NVCAP values. Had to use Plist Edit Pro to mod RAM value for 512MB and add my specific NVCAP for for card (see NVinject forums and site for details on how to do that, basically I created a DOS boot fashdrive and ran the NVflash util to save ROM, then used NVCAP maker to query NVCAP from ROM.)

Rm Extensions.mkext then reboot -f -v and presto. Nvidia injector worked and QE back on my 6800GS 512MB on 10.5.5.

Key was to remove the existing 10.5.5 kexts and apply the 9f23 graphics update. Presumably the NVinject 0.2.x should work too just found the NVdarwin to be better myself ie displayed Card Model automagically.

Hope this might help those that want a non-EFI Studio solution to the QE not supported on 10.5.5. Presume it'll be the same with iDeneb 10.5.5 or similar install too.

• 10 months later...

Okey so i installed 10.5.7 iAKTOS and everything is fine i enabled my video card (8600GT 256MB) via EFI Enabler in OSX86Tools but when i change my reslution i get a plain blue screen so i rebooted and i had max resolution... but when i play games in full screen mode fior example Halo, SIMS 3 i just get a black screen... but if i play halo in a window it plays perfect... and also when i minimize a quicktime movie i dont get a preview in the dock... but i have a transparent menubar and Quartz Extreme and GL enabled... any help guys ???? thanx in advance ;P

BTW its a Galaxy GeForce 8600GT 256MB Overclocked also its connected to a 17 inch monitor via VGA i get 1280x1024 at 75Mhz