iDeneb os x 10.5.5 & Inspiron 1521 (AMD)

9 posts in this topic

After a number of distributions, i was finally able to get the ideneb version of 10.5.5 installed.

At first, it seemed like everything was installed properly. During the initial setup, it even recognized my built in wireless, and my built in webcam! I was SHOCKED to see that. I thought for sure there would be a problem with the webcam.

I soon realized that there were a few glitches and hardware that did not get drivers installed.

1 - my sound. at first it said no on board sound found and in my audio preferences there was nothing for output device. then i found the AzaliaAudio.zip file. i got this installed and system properties still said no on board audio, but my sound preferences had a device listed. i was now able to use the front controls on my laptop, and saw the meter go up down and mute. the problem was nothing was coming out of the speakers or headphone jack. i then tried the ALC883Audio.zip file and that did nothing...maybe i chose the wrong options, but now there is no on board audio or anythign in my output device. any suggestions??????

2 - dvd/cd rom drive is not recognized. this is odd! i can boot to a cd/dvd no problem but once booted up, it does not get recognized...when you put a cd in, it spins for a bit, but does not mount at all, or does not show up in the system properties. Any suggestions here????

Thanks! i've attached a shot too...

post-243190-1223559905_thumb.jpg

just an update to the audio problem...i did this:

he sound are half working for the moment. The output are there but the Mute are not working. The input jack are not working. Lots of thing doesn't work well yet. This patch are new. So please give it time for it to be properly modified. At least for the moment, there are sound.

1) Download here. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B6O6ALND

2) Unzip it (the vendor id maybe different with yours but as long as it is 9205 it will work, i think)

3) Go to your /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

4) Delete if you have one

5) Replace it with the downloaded one. The folder should remain the same as before. Just the content is different.

6) Go to disk utilites and repair permission.

7) Reboot.

and it didnt work...so i found some variations of these steps and tried it a few times and managed to get it working! BUT! like i've read elsewhere....if i am moving the mouse the sound is great, lol, but if i let the mouse sit still the audio is choppy! WTF!! LOL

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
i gave up using ideneb and got the newest leo4all and it worked fine (cd drive) still had issues with audio, but fixed those with the cpu idle tag..

spiderweed,

I was thinking about installing 10.5 on my Inspiron 1521. Do you know if there a guide somewhere on what works best? If not, I'll try the leo4all... what is the CPU idle tag?

any help would be mucho appreciated.

thanks,

morgan

spiderweed,

I was thinking about installing 10.5 on my Inspiron 1521. Do you know if there a guide somewhere on what works best? If not, I'll try the leo4all... what is the CPU idle tag?

any help would be mucho appreciated.

thanks,

morgan

good luck my friend...i have not tried another distro yet...but i still have issues...i cannot burn a cd/dvd, and for some odd reason it wont boot without ac power... the cpu idle line is what you use if your sound is choppy....let me know how it goes.....if you get a newer version you might have some bug fixes that i dont....thanks

• 2 months later...
After a number of distributions, i was finally able to get the ideneb version of 10.5.5 installed.

At first, it seemed like everything was installed properly. During the initial setup, it even recognized my built in wireless, and my built in webcam! I was SHOCKED to see that. I thought for sure there would be a problem with the webcam.

I soon realized that there were a few glitches and hardware that did not get drivers installed.

1 - my sound. at first it said no on board sound found and in my audio preferences there was nothing for output device. then i found the AzaliaAudio.zip file. i got this installed and system properties still said no on board audio, but my sound preferences had a device listed. i was now able to use the front controls on my laptop, and saw the meter go up down and mute. the problem was nothing was coming out of the speakers or headphone jack. i then tried the ALC883Audio.zip file and that did nothing...maybe i chose the wrong options, but now there is no on board audio or anythign in my output device. any suggestions??????

2 - dvd/cd rom drive is not recognized. this is odd! i can boot to a cd/dvd no problem but once booted up, it does not get recognized...when you put a cd in, it spins for a bit, but does not mount at all, or does not show up in the system properties. Any suggestions here????

Thanks! i've attached a shot too...

what options did you select when installing ideneb 10.5.5?

• 6 months later...

Anyone have any luck with this yet?

i successfully installed iAtkos v.7/osx86 v.10.5.7 on my Dell Inspiron 1521 with only a few problems.

No Audio - My card is a Sigmatel 9205, I have tried several guides and still no luck, not even choppy sound. (recently installed AzaliaAudio.pkg, now i have the buttons working and volume appearing to move up and down, but no sound is produced by internal speakers or line out. I've been at this non-stop for about a week now and it's very frustrating. :)

UPDATE Just got audio working.... choppy but working.

click here for the guide, thanks Mythh

Graphics - Working, but stuck at 1024x768 resolution. (irritating, but i can live with this.)

CD/DVD drive - Only detected if disc is in drive during start-up. I have an external drive so this is not a huge problem either, but it would be nice to have it working.

The biggest problem is having no audio. It's driving me crazy. Any help at all anyone could give I would really appreciate.

Thanks in advance.