Updated to 10.5.4 and got a wrong kernel

TCPMeta

4 posts in this topic

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and then used the Kalyway 10.5.3 update. I went ahead and used the 10.5.4 delta update and used the modbin 9.4 kernel and iussed the update -v -f command at the bootloader. When it was loading up I got a odd text telling me the kernel isn't correct for the build. I went into System Profiler and sure enough its using Darwin Kernel 9.2.0. Doesn't the 10.5.3 use the 9.3 kernel and isn't the modbin 9.4 kernel a the 9.4 kernel?

I downloaded another copy of the modbin 9.4 kernel and same thing, the system sees it as 9.2.0.

I went ahead and installed the modbin 9.3 kernel back and in the middle of the install the system froze up.

I had a backup of the 9.3 kernel on my backup partition so I poped in the Kalyway disc and moved the mac_kernel and system.kext into the correct spots on the primary parttiton and rebooted and issued the update -v -f command once again.

I got a kernel panic and rebooted and tried again and got the same kernel panic. In my logs it still says its loading the Darwin 9.2 kernel. I looked at the com.apple.boot.plist and its listing mach_kernel.

I'm about to just backup my files and try again but this time dual boot two copies of Kalyway and use one for emercencies, having to use the kalyway disc takes too long.